30 DS complete--now what? Advice please!

Options
I am about to finish up level 3 of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I've loved it but am ready for something different. (Just as challenging, but easier on the knees if possible!)
What are your recommendations? Another JM video, P90, P90x? Let me know what are your favorite--and most effective--workout dvds. (Pretty much all my exercise is done through an at-home video or walking. I'm not in the best shape but can do 30 DS fairly easily now. )
Thanks in advance for your advice! =)

Replies

• Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    There are plenty more JM videos out there if you like her style- she just came out with a new one, "Extreme Shed and Shred." I also like No more trouble zones and Banish fat boost metabolism. Some people have liked Killer Buns and Thighs or 6 week 6 pack.

Personally, I don't get enough cardio with Jillian and am a huge advocate for Insanity. However, with bad knees, that might not be an option.

If you are looking to build muscle/tone up while losing weight, P90x is good.

Have you ever tried Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, or Chalean Xtreme?

There are just so many options, and depending on your goals, any one of them could be right for you.
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Go to beachbody.com to check out the options- most of what I recommended come from that website. They will help you choose based on your goals.
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    I started out with 30DS and my knees always hurt. Then went to P90. Not bad on the knees to me - at least not nearly as bad as JM's videos. Really like that it incorporates strength with cardio alternating days. My body changed shape much more dramatically from that than 30DS. And all you need is a set of hand weights. Tried some of JM's other workouts, but I always have trouble with the jumping and my knees. I have the P90X series, too, but I haven't worked up the nerve to try them yet.. Gotta set some goals for the New Year! Oh, and I did C25K, too. Went from being HARDLY able to complete the 60 second jogs at the beginning. It's now five months later and I am up to running 10 miles at a stretch. Highly, highly recommend it!
  • lindzmt22
    Options
    Ripped in 30 :)
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    There are plenty more JM videos out there if you like her style- she just came out with a new one, "Extreme Shed and Shred." I also like No more trouble zones and Banish fat boost metabolism. Some people have liked Killer Buns and Thighs or 6 week 6 pack.

Personally, I don't get enough cardio with Jillian and am a huge advocate for Insanity. However, with bad knees, that might not be an option.

If you are looking to build muscle/tone up while losing weight, P90x is good.

Have you ever tried Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, or Chalean Xtreme?

There are just so many options, and depending on your goals, any one of them could be right for you.
    I'll check out that website! Thanks :)
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started out with 30DS and my knees always hurt. Then went to P90. Not bad on the knees to me - at least not nearly as bad as JM's videos. Really like that it incorporates strength with cardio alternating days. My body changed shape much more dramatically from that than 30DS. And all you need is a set of hand weights. Tried some of JM's other workouts, but I always have trouble with the jumping and my knees. I have the P90X series, too, but I haven't worked up the nerve to try them yet.. Gotta set some goals for the New Year! Oh, and I did C25K, too. Went from being HARDLY able to complete the 60 second jogs at the beginning. It's now five months later and I am up to running 10 miles at a stretch. Highly, highly recommend it!

I'm leaning toward P90...and working up to p90x eventually. The 30 DS has been a killer on my knees so I'm a little afraid to try any more videos by her right now.
    Congrats on running up to 10 miles in one stretch! That's awesome. I started C25K (finished week 2 only) but injured my ankle pretty badly and just got out of the routine. I need to get back to it because I surprisingly enjoyed it (says the girl who has never liked running!).
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I also did the 30DS and had problems with my knees. I took awhile off from work out dvd's and used my elliptical. Now I am using Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. And it's not as bad on my knees. But after this one I am wanting something different most likely something not by Jillian Michaels. I love her, she's great but want to change something up.
    Keep up the great work! Oh and I am also working on starting the C25K myself!