those of u doing 30DS question. . .

Options
about how many calories did u burn(perferably with a HRM) during level 1 and level 2? i know i burnt 125-135 on level 1 and i just did level 2 today and my HRM malfunctioned and went insane so idk how many i burnt on level 2 :( thanks in advance :)

Replies

• hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I found I burned about 200 calories a session with Level 1 and 2, and about 180 a session with Level 3. It really depends on the person though, but that was my experience.
  • KCarpenter83
    KCarpenter83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I burn about 200 on 1&2, havent tried 3 yet. I'm 131lbs so if you weight more it will be more calories.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    im 167 aprx and on 1 i burnt between 125-130 and my HR usually was about 150-170 on level 2 i hhad to slow down at one point because it got up to 191 >.< but most the time it was 170-180 sumn so i know it was harder. that and level one i can do panting but level two pushed me to wheezing lol and i dnt have astma(however u spell it)
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    im 167 aprx and on 1 i burnt between 125-130 and my HR usually was about 150-170 on level 2 i hhad to slow down at one point because it got up to 191 >.< but most the time it was 170-180 sumn so i know it was harder. that and level one i can do panting but level two pushed me to wheezing lol and i dnt have astma(however u spell it)

Are you using a wrist HRM or one with a chest strap? We are about the same wt but I don't know what to consider too high to count?
  • ChristineMarie89
    Options

Are you using a wrist HRM or one with a chest strap? We are about the same wt but I don't know what to consider too high to count?
    chest strap. . . watches dont work lol found tht out the hard way lol
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh just under 140 and I burn around 200-240 on level 2, depends on my effort that day. LOL
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 155 and I burned 142 on level 1. However, during the cardio sessions, I worked at least twice as hard as Jillian and the 2 girls because I know the workout isn't that hard for me.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    when i did it, my hrm said i did about 270 on level one, and level two when i first started them. it went as low as 202 on level one when i really got used to it and i dont remember my low end on level 2
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i burned about 160 today on level 1. I just got a wrist HRM. I have read lots of reviews and they say they are just as good as chest strap ones now a days? how much difference would it show if it was a chest strap one? why would their be a difference? It even states it in the book of mine that they are just as good.. i hope i didn't waste my money.......

i found the wrist one today shows i burned less calories then MFP does, so i hope it's correct.... After i seen todays numbers i figured maybe that's why i wasn't loosing weight b/c when i was eating back my exercise calories i was eating too much back?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    i burned about 160 today on level 1. I just got a wrist HRM. I have read lots of reviews and they say they are just as good as chest strap ones now a days? how much difference would it show if it was a chest strap one? why would their be a difference? It even states it in the book of mine that they are just as good.. i hope i didn't waste my money.......

i found the wrist one today shows i burned less calories then MFP does, so i hope it's correct.... After i seen todays numbers i figured maybe that's why i wasn't loosing weight b/c when i was eating back my exercise calories i was eating too much back?

The difference comes in b/c the ones with e chest strap monitor your heartrate co it oust throughout your exercise, so the HRM know every single little change that occurs. The ones that are just a wrist watch only read your heartrate when you 'touch' the sensor, so it's only getting little points in time during your workout instead of constant monitoring. I hear the more often you touch the sensor, the better the estimate will be, b/c it has more points in time to average between.
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

The difference comes in b/c the ones with e chest strap monitor your heartrate co it oust throughout your exercise, so the HRM know every single little change that occurs. The ones that are just a wrist watch only read your heartrate when you 'touch' the sensor, so it's only getting little points in time during your workout instead of constant monitoring. I hear the more often you touch the sensor, the better the estimate will be, b/c it has more points in time to average between.

Yes I used to have a wrist one and I always had trouble with the sensor- I'd have to pretty much stop to try and get a reading every once in awhile. With my new HRM with a chest strap, I can forget it's there and it seems pretty accurate.
  • lin7604
    Options
    i just don't see why they can say it's just as good then? that is why i got it,, figured new technology would keep up to what they are saying / claiming... it even says it in the book that the new wrist ones b/c they have the erg or what ever it is is suppose to be really accurate.
  • rhodesar
    rhodesar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've got a chest strap HRM and it says I burn around 140 for level 2. Haven't tested level 3 yet...hoping for more burn!
  • ChristineMarie89
    Options

Yes I used to have a wrist one and I always had trouble with the sensor- I'd have to pretty much stop to try and get a reading every once in awhile. With my new HRM with a chest strap, I can forget it's there and it seems pretty accurate.

i had a wrist one about a month or two ago NEW and it said i burnt 15 cal a min at rest xD yea it wasnt accurate at all xD
  • KCarpenter83
    Options
    i just don't see why they can say it's just as good then? that is why i got it,, figured new technology would keep up to what they are saying / claiming... it even says it in the book that the new wrist ones b/c they have the erg or what ever it is is suppose to be really accurate.

I am sure they say that just to sell their product, and people want to beleive it because i am sure it was cheaper than those with a chest strap...right? If they were just as accurate, no one would bother with the chest strap version because they can be a pain. But having the strap right next to your heart just can't be the same as some thing on your wrist.
  • lin7604
    Options
    well that sucks. i wish i knew that before, now i feel like i wasted money AGAIN trying to lose weight and am not succeeding! ahhhhh
  • KCarpenter83
    Options
    well that sucks. i wish i knew that before, now i feel like i wasted money AGAIN trying to lose weight and am not succeeding! ahhhhh

Its easy to make quick emotional purchases when it comes to weight loss....you just have to remember that the companies are counting on that and do your research! Amazon.com reviews are always very helpful...look up any product and you are bound to find lots of reviews from real people. Always do that before buying anything you aren't sure about!
  • lin7604
    Options
    oh i did, i read lots of reviews and all were good. I had 2 in mind and then this one went on sale, so i thought it was good enough to grab. I kept having people tell me to get a HRM b/c i was getting NO results after a month and a half of eating healthy and less calories plus exercising... everyone kept telling me that i couldn't go by what MFP said on calories burnt for exercising ( as it's grossly over estimated) , i needed to get a hrm to get a accurate rate for me , then maybe i would succeed... i wouldn't say it was a impulse buy but a thought out one...