I need really good modivation

Options
Hi im writting this because i need some really good modivation i stop and start all the time and im so over it i want to stick things but i cant.Im doing this for myself and my boyfriend i want to mkae him happy again and i want to be able to fit my things again iv always been small and im a size 12 i hate myself.I still dont wake up and say yes im doing to exereise and eat right and stick to it well i might for one day then the next im like nah i cant be bothered how do i get past this if i dont ill never get started with it or stick to it.

Replies

• BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    You do not or should not hate yourself but the compulsive acts that lead to results you don't much like. Today can be day 1 in the new you; just change - do it, and soon your body will catch up.

Yes, you can do this!
    Our bodies reflect who we are inside, and people in our lives notice; how can they not? Our health, fitness as it relates to our bodies remain the one area of life we have total control. Master that and other things just fall into place. Believe it!

Take ownership of the process today, and you will see that 6 months from now - not 6 weeks - your body and outlook will be transformed.

Our food diaries and exercise logs need to be tweaked to fit each one of us, but once we discover that number of calories which represents weight maintenance, that's when we can take charge. Make the process fun, and share your daily results - browse other people to get some great ideas. Find a group of ladies just where you are - remember to include some who are much further along to remind you of where you are heading.

You are here and people are ready to support you. Go for it!
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    @lucy others can encourage you, cheer you on, help you with food/exercise questions you might have, and support your change to a healthy lifestyle - but the motivation to do this has to come from inside you. when you decide for yourself that this is something worth paying the price for, it will happen. one day at a time.
  • gailashton
    Options
    First of all you don't do it for someone else, you do it for yourself to feel better, to be healthy. The few times I've lost weight thought it would made me happy and everything was going to change. The truth is it doesn't unless you change. This time around I have to honestly say I feel this committment is going to be for life. I don't restrict what I eat, but make good food choices 95% of the time; it's definitely better than making bad choices 95% of the time and overeating. We're all human, have good days and bad. But truth be told after the first 2 weeks of exercise and watching what you eat, i.e. portion control, it becomes a habit. I look forward to exercise no matter what it is or how much time I have, but try to fit something in every day for me! All the resources are out there, even here on MFP. We are a community all striving to support one another through good and bad. Come on aboard & lets get healthy together!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    First of all you don't do it for someone else, you do it for yourself to feel better, to be healthy. The few times I've lost weight thought it would made me happy and everything was going to change. one another through good and bad. Come on aboard & lets get healthy together!

Your profile SCREAMS a need for perhaps a psychological intervention.... What makes you think your kids dont like the way you look? And who the hell said to you that the only way to help your boyfriend to be happy again is for YOU to be skinny? You really should consider some professional guidance - speaking sincerely here.... If you want to get healthy, be healthy for yourself first! If your boyfriend is putting you in this mental situation of thinking the only way he will be happy is if you are back to your size AU-2 again, TOSS HIM TO THE CURB - NO one is worth keeping around if the situation involves him messing with your mind like this! Because its causing you to think your kids feel the same way.

Youre NOT as bad off as you think, I mean, come on - your body within the past four years grew TWO children... there are people who would LOVE to be in your predicament - from the photos you have on your profile - you dont look like you need to lose 39-something lbs at all!!!

....Your desired AU-size 6 is our USA-size 2. Your current AU-size 8 is our USA-size 12.

how tall are you?
  • lucysposaro
    lucysposaro Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am only 5foot exact and my healthy bmi is about 55kg im about 62kg at the moment,,,,,so im overweight for my height
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I was like you for a long time, too and found it hard to keep up the momentum. You need to remember that it is hard, especially at first and having a 'bad day' when you eat a lot isn't a reason to give up completely. Just try again the next day.

Also, try to find exercise you enjoy and then it wont feel like a chore. I hate the gym and find it really boring but love going to fitness classes or doing martial arts. I look forward to going to a martial arts class or to a fitness class where there's lots of other people, so I do it regurlarly without dreading it. Try lots of different things to see what you enjoy: running, swimming, the gym, classes, playing football with your friends/boyfriend, fitness DVDs etc. and find out what things work for you.

Good luck!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I am only 5foot exact and my healthy bmi is about 55kg im about 62kg at the moment,,,,,so im overweight for my height

Your BMI is only 26.6 - a 'hair' over the standard...

If your ideal is 55kg, then why do you want to lose so much more?

You are ONLY 136lbs/62kgs - you are VERY fortunate....
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I think you're in the right space (ie. totally fed up with it!!!!!!) to do it, I know I've felt exactly like you and in the end feeling like that at the beginning was what made me succeed. Trust the good advice - you'll be on 1200 its hard but you can do it everyday, once you get the hang of it, exercise so you can eat more (eat your exercise calories) find some exercise that works for you. Its worth it. And frankly life is better when you are skinnier, for one thing you feel like you have actually achieved something worthwhile Shopping is like way more fun. and your love life will improve. Go for it. 62kgs might sound like not much to bigger people but I can relate, I really look and feel quite terrible when I go over 64kgs and I'm 60 or somehting now, but losing 5 kgs will make a positive difference to your life.
    I have found Gillian Michaels dvd's really great, 30 day shred is a good one to start on, its only 20 mins a day and at least if you've got kids you can do it at home. feel free to add me as a friend if you want!
    You just need to stick at it long enough (like a week or two ) to find it works and trust that it will work!
  • AmyNaylor7205
    AmyNaylor7205 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Your BMI is only 26.6 - a 'hair' over the standard...

If your ideal is 55kg, then why do you want to lose so much more?

You are ONLY 136lbs/62kgs - you are VERY fortunate....

She may only be 136 pounds, and that may sound like nothing to some people who are way overweight ( like myself )...But if she is not happy with herself then there is a problem and she does need to change her lifestyle. Just because she "only" weighs 136 pounds doesn't neccessarily mean that she is healthy. Her muscles may be weak and she may be eating poorly..

Some things that help me with motivation are looking at other people's success stories! I have really been inspired by that. I have the same problem as you though, I lose my motivation very easily. Another thing that helps is looking at old pictures of yourself when you were "fit." I did that just yesterday and It motivated me to get my *kitten* in the gym asap and workout HARD! Keep some positve people around you! And don't do it for anyone else BUT yourself! Good luck hun!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Hating yourself is not going to help. You have to love yourself enough to make change. So what, you aren't in the same size you were before having children. If you want to be healthier then do something about it. There is nothing any of us can say to motivate you. YOU have to want the change bad enough to make the change and you have to do it primarily for yourself. Make better choices when eating, exercise (I know that's hard with young ones but you can get moving), drink water and look in that mirror and tell yourself you are already beautiful, but now it's time to get healthy!
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    I'm glad your diary is open, but there isn't anything there! You need to log in, everyday everything you eat and exercise! You want motivation, you have to do the work it entails. Keeping a diary will keep you honest and on on track! How bad do you want to do this? Bad enough to work for it?
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You can't look to others for affirmation ... it will be a sad and unfulfilled journey. If you want to get more healthy, great ... but you are clearly seeing yourself as you perceive others see you ...

Do this ... for you!

Look in the mirror, smile, and start each day. Life is a gift!

I think you are being WAY too hard on your weight ... BUT ... if "you" want to get healthier and lose more weight and be strong, that's great ... but again, don't do it for others ... please don't do it for others ... you are a unique masterpiece already, just enjoy that ... and the more you enjoy yourself, and just being you, it will spark that motivation for being healthy ... it's not about a number, it's about being happy that your taking care of yourself ...

for you ... did I say that already? :)

~Matt
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Yes, but the issue is that the measuring stick for happiness needs to be done not to please others. It creates an attitude of low self worth. All you have to do is wander the message boards for 15 minutes to see heart breaking issues of self esteem ... and it's not number driven, it's heart driven. The issue isn't that one looks in a mirror and sees a body that needs to lose weight ... the issue is that one looks in a mirror and sees a body that is worthless ... that's TRAGIC!
    ...But if she is not happy with herself then there is a problem and she does need to change her lifestyle. Just because she "only" weighs 136 pounds doesn't neccessarily mean that she is healthy. Her muscles may be weak and she may be eating poorly....
  • lucysposaro
    lucysposaro Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i think its the issue were i see some mums say they never lost there baby weight no matter what they did and then i see some do.Like i said before i was always a small girl before my 2 children i had the flat stomach i was a aus size 6 after my kids who are now 4 and 5 years old i have a pot that make me look about 10-15 weeks pregnant it wont go away no matter what i do....im now about a size aus 12 or 10 but i have love handles that i never had before that also make me look bigger then what iam. I think to myself if some mums cant lose that pot then i wont because it seems impossible
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    It doesn't matter what anyone else does, if you want to make change then do it. But do it for yourself! This isn't about anyone else!!
  • AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You can do it if you put your mind to it. I myself haven't started eating right yet I know I should its just really hard. I eat what I want but I stay under my 1200 calorie limit and work out at least 30 mins a day. The first week I did that I lost 3.5 pounds so its not impossible to lose weight if you don't change how you eat you just need to watch your portions.

Once you set your mind to it just do it and don't look back. Its hard as hell believe me I know. What I did was I set a date to start got up that morning and thought about doing it the next week cause I just wasn't in the mood to eat less or workout. A few mins later I took my pj's off to get dressed for the day and passed by our full lenght mirror and said screw this I'm done looking like this and I started that day. I have a 2 year old that is up my butt all the time so its hard but I know I can do it and SO CAN YOU. :bigsmile: