Lacking Motivation

Options
Hi All -

About a year ago I was a fitness freak. I was on the right path would go to the gym almost every day eat healthy and felt great. I was dating and really enjoying life. I started a new work schedule and find little time to work out. I started eating what was convenient rather than what was good for me.

I work two jobs, a nine to five and then a restaurant job as well. After loosing 30 lbs I have gained it all back. I am tired all the time and find myself sad and depressed often. I don't really have anyone that in my life that is in the same boat. If there is anyone out there that could use a partner in the weight loss journey to talk about obstacles or have any advice I could really use the motivation.

I know what I need to do in order to achieve my goals by exercising and eating right..I've done it before, but with no support its a little hard. I'm looking to lose about 40 - 60 lbs. If anyone wants a pen pal of some sort or just has advice let me know.

Replies

• cas122777
    cas122777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am in the very same boat as you. my usual weight is about 125, my recent weight is 140. four years ago, i weighed 120. i am 5'4 and have been told all of these are acceptable. a year ago, i would do anything active and ate right. i see a trainer now, but don't go to the gym outside of the twice a week i see her. i still eat a rotten diet because the sweets and fast foods are addicting! many people told me i look good, but my 'cup runneth over'. i have a muffin top, i don't feel attractive, and i am unhappy with the way i look. i recently quit my job, so you think i would hit the gym more, right? WRONG! i am becoming unmotivated and depressed. i read the post on my friends page on here and am totally jealous! it would be nice to share some thoughts and motivators with some people, so if you are interested, we can write back and forth and help each other out. -Carrie
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I can understand that. I used to hit the gym a couple of hours a day and then run 3 to 5 miles every other day. I felt great. got injured and gained some weight but after 2 years of rehab I was almost back to where I was and then life just got in the way. started working a lot and eating convenient food and gained a lot of weight. over the course of 7 years working full time and school full time and a family to support I have gained more than 100lbs. even though I'm done with school it's hard to get to the gym every day. you can add me for support and we can help motivate each other.
  • sshruff1
    Options
    I understand completely. I lost a lot of weight at the beginning of this year and then got back together with my boyfriend and I stopped the fitness plan. We got engaged, I broke it off recently and have been so down and depressed that I haven't wanted to do anything. It's hard to start back up when all you want to do is sleep and cry. I need someone to keep me motivated as well. I just started iLipo (laser liposuction) on Monday night and am doing that 2x a week for 6 weeks. A friend of mine did it and saw amazing results so I'm hoping for the same which will in turn motivate me to keep going. I keep thinking about my 20 year reunion next November and that keeps me a little motivated as well.

Hang in there. Once you get the routine going again, it will feel like you never stopped.
  • lucyg1
    lucyg1 Posts: 29
    Options
    It's not easy this weight loss thing, nobody ever tells you it'll take this long or that it never stops. I did a couple of adventure races for charity (very slowly) but got weight down, looked good, all nicely toned. Then I quit my job and went back to university, I have a lot more time on my hands but doing even less exercise, therefore more eating and more weight, a vicious vicious circle. But no more, on the right track now, watching the calories and trying to find the motiviation to go the gym or run more often. Count me in for motiviation and encouragment chat :-)
  • ashleynhct
    ashleynhct Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. I've gone to the gym twice this week already! I'm on a roll.
  • ashleynhct
    ashleynhct Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Really? I had no idea that even existed.