Hello, I'm new here!

Options
Hello everyone!

My story is very typical, I'm a Freshman college student that just gained some weight while having fun with freedom and enjoying weird eating habits like eating at 4:15 AM haha. I went from 110 pounds and size 1 jeans to 120 pounds and size 7 jeans!!!! How scary!!!!!

I'm actually not planning on "dieting" but rather change the way I eat. I'm a vegetarian so my menus are limited partially because I can't cook some things like tofu to save my life :laugh: but I refuse to buy frozen food >=[. And I can't really do more exercise than I do now, very busy with finals.

My boyfriend recently got a P90X Program from BeachBodies and we're supposed to start that together in June. I can't wait, the results from the people who have tried it look AMAZING!!

Replies

• laurafio
    laurafio Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My story is very typical, I'm a Freshman college student that just gained some weight while having fun with freedom and enjoying weird eating habits like eating at 4:15 AM haha. I went from 110 pounds and size 1 jeans to 120 pounds and size 7 jeans!!!! How scary!!!!!

I'm actually not planning on "dieting" but rather change the way I eat. I'm a vegetarian so my menus are limited partially because I can't cook some things like tofu to save my life :laugh: but I refuse to buy frozen food >=[. And I can't really do more exercise than I do now, very busy with finals.

My boyfriend recently got a P90X Program from BeachBodies and we're supposed to start that together in June. I can't wait, the results from the people who have tried it look AMAZING!!
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    Welcome! I do the P90X and have not lost a lot of weight but have seen a difference in the way my body looks, so I'll take it! It's most important to just stay with it, even when you don't want to. Best of luck to you.
  • jfvasquezjr
    Options
    Not to worry. We all experienced the "Freshman 15", and soon thereafter found our proper eating routine. But for me, I needed the gym, especially around finals as a stress reliever.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website on the web. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive and so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Topxgun
    Topxgun Posts: 38
    Options
    At least you didn't take on the full freshman 15. :flowerforyou:

I like frozen foods, easy to know how much you're eating. Just eat right and exersize, moniter it on here. It's been working for me, so just don't go over your limit. :heart:
  • PilotsWife
    PilotsWife Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new on here as well - only Day Two for me, but Im looking forward to what everyone has to say on here. The tips and words of encouragement are enough to put a giddy up in my day and keep me focused. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.
  • laurafio
    laurafio Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile: Can't wait to get started to be back in shape.
  • 2605J
    2605J Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i am ready to start tommorrow. stress is making me overeat.my goal is to lose 10lbs slowly.i pray i have the strength