25 pounds, no inches

Options
I have lost 25 pounds over the past 2 months. Lost 2 inches in hips and even 1 inch in the neck, but have not lost even 1/2 a inch in the waist. Does anyone know some good waist exercises. I walk on the treadmill for 2 miles 4 days a week, Jillian Michaels shred 2 days a week and rest on Sunday. I would think I have lost more inches. Any advice????

Replies

• zippitydo
    zippitydo Posts: 62
    Options
    I have lost 25 pounds over the past 2 months. Lost 2 inches in hips and even 1 inch in the neck, but have not lost even 1/2 a inch in the waist. Does anyone know some good waist exercises. I walk on the treadmill for 2 miles 4 days a week, Jillian Michaels shred 2 days a week and rest on Sunday. I would think I have lost more inches. Any advice????
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You can not pin point weight loss unfortunately, but you can tone certain areas. Some of us lose inches in our arms first, some our face, and sadly hips and waist can be last. I would say keep up the great work, continue counting calories, and exercising! It will take time, but stay positive.

:smile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I know right , I have lost 23 lbs and have lost in my waist either, totally sucks, but my face is getting slimmer and my stomach
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tummy fat is usually the last to go, or at least that seems to be a common complaint/comment I've seen on MFP. At first my tummy and hips were getting smaller, but the last 4 weeks they've stayed constant at 38" and 41" even though I've dropped 13 lbs. Don't get discouraged, losing 25 pounds is an amazing accomplishment, so congratulations!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: and keep on trucking!

Pilates exercises are always great for strengthening your core/abdominal muscles, so you might want to check your library for some exercise books. It won't melt away the fat like cardio will, but you will be able to hold your stomach in tighter for longer periods of time!! LOL!

Good luck!
    Kathryn
  • kallio
    kallio Posts: 70
    Options
    I have been in the same boat! When I gained weight I bought my "fat" clothes. Now that I have lost almost 20 pounds I am shocked that my skinny clothes really don't fit yet....

I do notice other changes. My face has thinned out and things appear less jiggly! But, I have a whole closet full of cute clothes I am dieing to get into!!!!

Good luck to you all!:flowerforyou:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    In addition to the above comments, I have read that eating simple sugars will make the belly fat much more difficult to lose. In some other forums and articles, I've read that people who started making a change to true whole wheat/grain type carbohydrates and ditched junk food altogether were successful in "blasting the belly fat" in addition to the cardio/strength training they were doing. You may already be doing this but it's something to consider and something to research. I haven't had this issue yet and I am far from an expert. Best of luck to ya, though!