Options

Replies

• jwaltz13
    Options
    Ask him for help!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    hate to say this, but i have the same talent as your friend there....

muahahahahahaha...
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    It's gotta be a brain thing - some people's minds work differently. It's always been easy for me to focus on my topic and put it to paper - no outlines unless the class required I make one. 1500 word papers I could punch out no prob. It would be difficult for me to help someone do this, in fact, I know I could not - it's one of those gifts I think. Research papers... now there's a different story.

I am sure you are gifted in other areas!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    We've suggested that, but the OP said...
    Holy ***t guys, what the hell is wrong with you LOLOLOL
    Plus, another person said...
    Shame on you!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Shame on you!

LOL
  • Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options

Oh man Im laughing my *kitten* off! LOL.
    Shame on you!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could modify your relationship with the teacher?

Shame on you!

Huh?

What's wrong with asking for a little extra credit, or study pointers? I think its important to create a more personal relationship with teachers. I mean, you're there to learn right? Why not show that you want to succeed, by discussing the situation with the teacher?
  • Hummmingbird
    Options
    I was that way in school. I never wrote outlines and would breeze through writing the paper all in one sitting. But I would spend days before "outlining", "writing", and "rewriting" the paper in my head (usually in bed or in the shower or while driving) before I'd actually sit down to type it out. Maybe he does it that way, too? If that's the case, then it's not that its easier for him, he just takes a different approach. Some people need to sit down and type and retype, others do it in their head for days before sitting down to type. Not better or worse, just different.

You are probably right! Man it just aggravates me because english is my best subject. He is good at science and everything else. So i get really competitive! He already has 1/2 done in 2 hours and I have 0 done in 4 days. Damn.
  • Hummmingbird
    Options
    Maybe you could modify your relationship with the teacher?

Shame on you!

Huh?

What's wrong with asking for a little extra credit, or study pointers? I think its important to create a more personal relationship with teachers. I mean, you're there to learn right? Why not show that you want to succeed, by discussing the situation with the teacher?

trying to save your butt a little late in the game, right? LOL :)
  • Hummmingbird
    Options
    outlines, research???? sounds to me like your BF is using the tried and true method that I used all through school.... bullsh!tting my way through everything!
    [/quote

Ok, your post wins!!!!!!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating your exercise calories?
    :flowerforyou:
  • Hummmingbird
    Options
    what exercise calories???
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    The more you read the more you know how to BS on papers...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Writing may be required for every subject, but I stand firm in my belief that it is a true talent, that can be taught only to some degree. some people just have it in them to embellish well :)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    My husband gets really frustrated with me for this same thing. He can't write worth a damn, and I have to hold myself back from writing his papers for him. The one time he did let me "edit" a paper, he reverted it back to the previous copy (said there was too much changed, it didn't sound like him) and turned it in unedited, and the teacher marked him off on every damn thing I had fixed but he had undone. I'm not a fabulous writer or anything, but once I get into a zone, it's really easy to pull a report off quickly.
    I agree with what one of the previous posters said as well, some people just do well structuring in their heads throughout the days.
    I bet you are awesome at other stuff too.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating your exercise calories?
    :flowerforyou:

HAHA That's solves everything lol
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I was that way in school. I never wrote outlines and would breeze through writing the paper all in one sitting. But I would spend days before "outlining", "writing", and "rewriting" the paper in my head (usually in bed or in the shower or while driving) before I'd actually sit down to type it out. Maybe he does it that way, too? If that's the case, then it's not that its easier for him, he just takes a different approach. Some people need to sit down and type and retype, others do it in their head for days before sitting down to type. Not better or worse, just different.

That's the way I did it, too. I was taking English lit courses as electives, and my ex was doing an English degree, and he was the slave-away-with-research type as well. He didn't like that I did less work and got better grades, but I honestly was doing most of it in my head.
  • Hummmingbird
    Options

That's the way I did it, too. I was taking English lit courses as electives, and my ex was doing an English degree, and he was the slave-away-with-research type as well. He didn't like that I did less work and got better grades, but I honestly was doing most of it in my head.

well, i hate you all that can do that LOL jk....thanks for the comic relief and de-stressing guys ! :)