help!! has anyone lost weight eating healthy frozen tv dinne

Options
If so how much weight did you lose? Also what kind or brand did you eat? I plan on eating my regular healthy food but I would like to eat maybe one frozen dinner per day just to mix things up a bit. I have about 150 pounds that I would like to lose overall. I will also be doubg about 1 hr of exercise per day. Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My husband takes one to work every day for lunch! And he's lost 95 lbs in the past 2 years. :)

He uses everything from Lean Cuisine, to Smart Ones, and lately - Banquet. Banquet meals aren't "healthy" but many of them are comparable in calories to the healthy frozen meals. It's all in the calories! He also supplements the meals with fruit, sugar free jello or pudding...
  • keesh1123
    keesh1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yep! The low calorie ones like FunBettyWoo stated. I've even done the higher calorie ones and just kept it in balance. I've lost about 30 pounds twice while eating frozen dinners (I mostly eat them for lunches).
  • kissoffools
    Options
    I don't eat them all that often - once or twice a week at most, probably - but combining them with everything else I've done, I have lost weight. We usually keep Lean Cuisines or Smart Ones in the house. The Smart Ones cheese pizza is really good, and I *love* the Lean Cuisine cheese ravioli! For low-fat options when you're craving pasta or whatever, these are surprisingly tasty. :)
  • TRACYROADMAN
    Options
    I have lost 37 pounds in two months. I eat frozen dinners every night for dinner and sometimes for lunch. I eat the smart ones they taste the best to me. Good luck :)
  • TigersFanIndy34
    Options
    My friend lost 75 lbs (and has kept it off a few years now!) this way. She calls it her very own nutrisystem plan. Basically she ate a bowl of high fiber cereal with fruit and milk every a.m. then a healthy t.v. dinner for lunch with a big lettuce salad and low sugar dressing. Then she said on her busy nights she ate one for dinner too but also added in some fruit and milk (and still the salad). On the nights she was able to prepare dinner at home she did but kept it around 500-600 calories. I know she use to munch on home made apple chips all the darn time but I don't know what else she had as snacks, I just remember her carrying those apple chips around whenever I saw her :) I think she did a protein bar for an afternoon snack sometime. I've often thought about doing something like that myself just because I saw her success with it and how she's kept it off. I know she still does the t.v. dinner for lunch every day now.
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If so how much weight did you lose? Also what kind or brand did you eat? I plan on eating my regular healthy food but I would like to eat maybe one frozen dinner per day just to mix things up a bit. I have about 150 pounds that I would like to lose overall. I will also be doubg about 1 hr of exercise per day. Thanks in advance!!

I think frozen dinners are the main reason why I lost my inital 30+ pounds. So easy to keep track of your calories and their are a ton of goood choices if you like different types of foods.

Wegman's and Trader Joe's have the best ones.

I think the only draw back might be sodium, but don't it is that bad.
  • emilypsb
    emilypsb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people do lose weight eating lowfat/low cal frozen dinners, but I dont think it is a good long term strategy. In order to maintain a healthy weight for your whole life and avoid yo yo dieting, you must develop a love and respect for real, healthy food. Frozen meals almost always have very high sodium and unnatural ingredients. Also, frozen meals create a distance between you and your food. For me, I find I eat better, eat less and enjoy my food more if I do some sort of preparation - even if its just throwing a salad together.

That being said, fast, low-cal, low-fat dinners are a must! I suggest keeping bags of frozen veggies, frozen bags brown rice and frozen shelled edamame (for protein) in your freezer. That way you can just throw the veggies and edamame in a pan, microwave the rice and throw it all in a bowl with some low sugar/low sodium sauce. Almost as easy and much healthier (in my opinion) than frozen tv dinners.
  • 08caseyk
    Options
    i've lost 45 lbs with eating them. And thats in the past two months. It's a good portion and it's low calorie. Some don't taste all that bad either.
  • Clinton1074
    Clinton1074 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I eat a Healthy Choice complete meal almost every day for lunch. I have lost 96 pounds since March and I am saving a ton of money not eating out for lunches any more. My breakfast and dinner are not frozen meals, that would be too many dinners for me to eat.
  • mcvc
    mcvc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was doing the Smart Ones every day for lunch although I'm not any smarter just a little smaller. They have a decent variety of choices
  • kellyc3
    Options
    I have a Smart One or Lean Cuisine about 3-4 days a week at work for lunch and I have lost weight.
  • AubreysMommy30
    AubreysMommy30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love the Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers. They are very good. However, be sure to watch the sodium when you are selecting frozen entree's. Some of them can have 1000mg of sodium or more. The more sodium we take in, the more water we retain which can hinder weight loss. Good luck!
  • 143Talen
    Options
    Thank you all soo very much for taking the time to share your advice with me. Very much appreciated! Good luck on your journeys to a healther lifestyle and weightloss!!
  • jwilloughby51
    jwilloughby51 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of frozen dinners, at least 1 a day. I eat the brands listed above and I also eat lean pockets. I have lost 14 lbs so far. My mom lost 55lbs & and she ate them everyday for lunch and sometimes for dinner too.
  • TheWreckingBall
    Options
    I followed Weight Watchers my first 3 months of weight loss and ate a frozen meal everyday for lunch and lost about 40 pounds. I usually stuck with the Smart Ones with the WW Points on them (for convienance only). As well as lean meat and veggies for dinner and a hour+ activity a day (elliptical, weights, walking, etc.) I'm thinking about going back to this plan now that I'm ready for my last 10 pounds! Good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!