Supplements???

Options
Being a woman, and one who is trying to lose alot of weight, what kind of supplements are good for me to take? Should I be drinking protein shakes, taking any kind of vitamins, or are there any kind of weight loss pills that anyone would reccomend?

I'm working my butt off and not seeing the results that I want.....if there is anything that I should be doing that may help, I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!

Replies

• Ashmeistar
    Options
    A good varied diet is the best way to get all you need, but I have a protein shake 4/7 days a week as I'm veggie and not a great fan of meat substitutes.

Looking for vitamins that help release energy from fat may help, like vitman B5 (pantothenic acid).
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I take supplements that boost your metabolism. Being 61 yrs my metabolism is slower than yours. I take B-50, B-6, magnesium, acaii and cinnamon capsules. I feel they work for me. I hit my goal weight in August and have not gained any back. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Weight loss pills will help to lighten your wallet
  • jessluvscrossfit
    jessluvscrossfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I take a B12....can you also take a B5 with it?
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Try not to use them really
  • johnlewismodel
    Options
    Glutamine is good
  • mahidac
    mahidac Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I take a B12....can you also take a B5 with it?

yeah - the only B vitamin that has side effects in super excessive doses is niacin IIRC (B3) - but niacin is also used as a hyperlipidemia treatment

I think probably 99% of the supplements out there are just eating your wallet - but nothing wrong with a good multivitamin
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Try eating less if you're not seeing any results. Look into intermittent fasting, I do it and it's great. Supplements mostly are just a quick way to part your money from your wallet.
  • jessluvscrossfit
    jessluvscrossfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try eating less if you're not seeing any results. Look into intermittent fasting, I do it and it's great. Supplements mostly are just a quick way to part your money from your wallet.

Tell me more about intermittent fasting.....
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Glutamine is good

good for what?
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I take one a day energy and it seems like it's helping. Once I started taking them for about 2 weeks straight I noticed I wasn't getting as tired or having as many cravings. I will add that I'm eating about 3-4 meals & snacks a day. meals are around 250-325 cals and snacks at about 50-120 cals. I try to have my largest meal at lunch and it really seems to have helped with losing weight too.
  • bmjohnso9192
    Options
    I typically do not get the calcium I need, so I take a calcium supplement. I also take the One a Day Gummies...why swallow a pill when you can have a gummy!?
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I typically do not get the calcium I need, so I take a calcium supplement. I also take the One a Day Gummies...why swallow a pill when you can have a gummy!?

They come in gummy?!?!?!? :noway: /want
  • bmjohnso9192
    Options

They come in gummy?!?!?!? :noway: /want

Yes they do! And as a dieting person, I have to remind myself I can only eat one! They're yummy!
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Check out herbalife's website we have shakes and supplements that help not hinder when you need that extra push.
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin, vitamin D and recently started taking Fish Oil. I don't know if most supplements are completely necessary unless you have a true deficiency in it (ie: I take Vitamin D b/c I had blood work done & I am deficient).
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I will do a protein shake about 3-5 times a week and I take a multi vitamin once a day along with a fish oil pill.