Am I the only one who thinks diet soda is the root of all ev

Options
2»

Replies

• rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I was addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Pepsi but I quit carbonated or anything flavored...back in February...yeah LOL
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    every pound I've lost was soaked in Coke Zero. Saturated, really.

The calories you consume contribute to your weght loss or gain, and a no-calorie beverage cannot MAKE you eat more.

If you choose how to spend your calories wisely, you'll have success. If you overeat and blame it on diet coke (or anything else) you won't get there as easily.

ditto!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Diet soda makes me go home and beat my kids
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    That reminds me, I need to go get my Coke Zero out of the freezer. I put it in there to chill quickly. :bigsmile:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I have one can of diet pop a day....doesn't hinder my fitness goals or make me crave sweets. But everyone is different
  • JS70
    JS70 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Diet Mt Dew way too much and couldn't seem to stop. I would always feel like I wanted a snack with it too. All it took was the dentist telling me that the acid was ruining my teeth. I was able to stop drinking it and now I think it tastes horrible. I drink a lot of water now. I have also started drinking coffee which has really helped. I do not crave food at all when I have coffee.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Hey, atleast they get to look at your buff abs and arms while you wail on them. 8)
  • momof3girls6boys
    Options
    Here is how I beat soda. When I realized that I was only craving the bubbles and the first few gulps I switched to seltzer water. Get it real real cold and then chug, remember bubbles in bubbles out, so burp, LOL. Then I started using a twist of lime and it gave a nice flavor. I now drink more water. You can always drink more water and start saving your Diet Dr Pepper money for some new clothes :)
  • shorter30
    Options
    That reminds me, I need to go get my Coke Zero out of the freezer. I put it in there to chill quickly. :bigsmile:

I hope you didn't leave it in there too long...I did that once and it blew up. :laugh:
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Options
    try club soda mixed with a little cranberry, raspberry, or grape juice. I gave up diet sodas and "real" sodas. What I like is the fizz and club soda is fizzy. It only takes a little juice to make a nice refreshing almost guilt free soda.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    been drinking diet soda without any impact on my weight loss. I don't have a problem with it making me crave sweets. I do not let myself have a diet soda before I've drank at least my 64 oz water for the day. If I am out, I order both soda and water. I drink the water first.

Oh, I love the idea of ordering both water and soda. You would think I could think of this on my own. LOL!

^^^This is what I do when I go out for drinks with the girls. Every time I order a drink, I order a water and alternate sips.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Diet coke beat me up, stole my wallet and then stole my car. :laugh:

I've continued to have the occasional Diet Coke. It didn't do me any harm.

For me, it's the opposite. If I'm craving something sweet Diet Coke soon gets rid of that craving.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    For me, diet pop left me bloated and gave me really sharp pains in my stomach. I quit drinking it. I also found myself eating more whenever I drank diet pop, I'd associate it with eating chips of course! I don't know how long it's been since I drank it.. a couple of months maybe? Now I just drink regular pop.. I have to make sure I have enough calories for it if I want it badly enough. It's real sugar (lots of it!) but it doesn't make my stomach scream.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't think diet soda is the root of all evil, but I personally can't stand the taste of no calorie sweeteners, any of them in anything. I would rather lick the bottom of a shoe. Blech.

I'll take my sugar in moderation thank you. I can't imagine ruining the deliciousness of sweet treats with the awful aftertaste of no calorie sweeteners.

I did finally get off the regular Coca Cola though - I went from 6 cans a day to zero in 2 months, stepping down a bit at a time. I wish they made a Cocoa Cola patch, like nicotene patches. My wallet has been much happier but I do miss it. I'm really looking forward to adding a couple 12 oz. cans a week back to my eating plan when I'm ready for maintenance!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I drink water when I'm not eating, and I have diet coke with meals. Simple. And actually it's a myth that diet soda causes weight gain.
  • shorter30
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice. I got some really good ideas here.
  • morgthom75
    morgthom75 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
  • morgthom75
    morgthom75 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    But I don't think you'll find much either way on whether or not they're healthy/unhealthy for you.

actually there is a TON of information on this topic leaning towards the opinion that soda isnt a good choice

"leaning towards the opinion that"......... not very definitive. A ton of stuff says DIET soda has no detrimental effects also. I just say listen to your body.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options

Can I be one of your kids for a day?