Virginia Tech Shooting. Again.

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
Reported shots fired. At least one found dead. A police officer has been shot. Suspect is wearing a gray hat, marroon sweatshirt, gray sweatpants, and a backpack. If anyone is in that area or at that school, please, for the love of God, stay where you are or get somewhere safe.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/16219871/virginia-tech-on-lockdown

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Updated, the police officer is the one who was shot and killed. Second victim. Not sure if injured or dead.
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hate this. My husband is a former police officer. :(
  • VinVenture
    Options
    I really don't mean to be rude, but how can this keep happening? Are universities in the US that horrible that people keep doing this? (Keep used as this has happened at that campus twice now, I'm pretty shocked. Again, not meant to be rude)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    guns are too easy to acquire, should have a fingerprint id lock
    apart from having to have it registered and have permit
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i know. this is ridiculous. leave this poor campus alone. hell, leave all campuses alone. but virginia tech has had enough blood shed :(
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well, we don't know what happened yet, but the article said it was a traffic stop. Who knows what provoked it, but it could have been anywhere.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    ugh! I have a friend thats a professor there. I need to call him now! thanks!
  • m1shootr
    m1shootr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can pass all the gun laws you want. People like that will still perservere and kill.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    guns are too easy to acquire, should have a fingerprint id lock
    apart from having to have it registered and have permit

On the contrary, if at least professors were allowed to arm themselves they could actually defend against someone going around killing 32 people. Yes, a few people might die, but arming law abiding citizens instead of disarming them is how we protect ourselves.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Guys, out of reverence and the knowledge that those who feel passionately on this will never agree--let's not turn this into a gun law debate.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    first: guns don't kill people. people kill people.

what if everyone was required to carry arms? for starters, that gave me a great visual. but then again... if i were a malicious person, i would think twice about randomly firing off a weapon into a crowd if i thought the entire crowd was armed.

by the way, i think arming every student is a terrible plan. i just wanted to throw it out there.
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    Guys, out of reverence and the knowledge that those who feel passionately on this will never agree--let's not turn this into a gun law debate.

AMEN!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    This is not a gun debate. I don't care how anti- or pro- gun you are. This isn't about your opinions. This is about the family of that poor officer. The worried families of the students and staff.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I really don't mean to be rude, but how can this keep happening? Are universities in the US that horrible that people keep doing this? (Keep used as this has happened at that campus twice now, I'm pretty shocked. Again, not meant to be rude)

School shootings happen because young college aged (and HS aged) people are going through a lot of changes in their lives and stress and add to that someone who has mental health issues and you get violence.
  • n003k
    n003k Posts: 58
    Options
    Being Vehemently pro-gun myself...it doesn't friggen matter. Who gives a hoot right now what could have/would've prevented this, or was pointless, you want to debate that, I'm a member of a group you can do that in.

What is important right now is some criminal shot and killed a cop and one other, and there's no good reason for it. A campus that's gone through enough crap in the past 4 years is going through more, and what needs to happen is unity against crime, and behind the victims to support them and their families, not an argument about guns. If you want to argue that, this isn't the place.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    His poor family
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    fair enough.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I changed my answer lol I dont wanna start a fight either
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    His poor family

35% of all homicides in Canada are via guns. Make you feel better?
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    What a tragedy!!!

I sure hope all of you anti-gun people don't get this thread locked because of your beliefs!