I HAVE A BIG QUESTION

Options
First before u read this, no mean answers, please. I have a big problem with counting calories. I don't know how to check how many calories I take in. I want to write my calories and all the other info on here, but don't know how to count them. .I know where to put it on here, just not sure how to come up with that number. any suggestions?thanks. PLEASE NO MEAN ANSWERS!!!!:happy: :laugh:

Replies

• luvinggal
    luvinggal Posts: 58
    Options
    First before u read this, no mean answers, please. I have a big problem with counting calories. I don't know how to check how many calories I take in. I want to write my calories and all the other info on here, but don't know how to count them. .I know where to put it on here, just not sure how to come up with that number. any suggestions?thanks. PLEASE NO MEAN ANSWERS!!!!:happy: :laugh:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    You need to measure out your serving sizes. So on the back on the food package it has the nutritional info... it will say for example... 110 calories per serving... so you make sure you count your servings and then you can put it in. count and measure.... is that what you were looking for? a lot of the time if you eat something you can put it in the search and it will be in the system already and you just put in the amount that you ate....
  • Jenzy
    Jenzy Posts: 11
    Options
    On the food diary page you click on add food for the time you want. There will be a search bar where u enter in the food. A bunch of options will come up and u either pick one or if nothing seems like what you had you can click on "enter a food not listed." Once u pick on from the list yu try to pick the serving size of what you ate on the right hand side of the screen. If you are adding your own stuff you will just copythe numbers from the packaging. Don't be afraid to just click around and try stuff. If u add something to the food diary that's not right you can remove it after. Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I'm not really quite sure what you're asking. Are you unsure of how many calories you should be taking in? Or are you not sure how to get the total of your consumption? Or is it something that one of the above questions answered?
  • luvinggal
    Options
    Not sure how many calories I'm consuming, and not sure how many to take in. thanks
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    If you set your goals, MFP will tell you how many calories to consume.

If you plan your meals including weighing/measuring your portions, you will be able to find the foods you eat and enter the correct portion size into your food diary.

If you are still having trouble with this, try posting one of your meals and someone will write back and explain how to find those foods.

Keep working at this, you'll get it figured out soon.:bigsmile:
  • Jenzy
    Jenzy Posts: 11
    Options
    At the beginning you will enter in your height and weight and average activity level and amout of exercise you plan to do and how fast u expect to lose weight and the site will give you a daily goal of how many calories to eat. You should try to eat close to that. Don't try to go under because it is already giving u a number under what you are probably burning (most likely a daily calorie defecit of 500 a day to lose a pound a week.) On the days you exercise it will give you more calories to eat. You should eat them because if you are consistantly going too low on calories your metabolism will adjust and try to store fat.
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    :flowerforyou: noone is mean here hunny
  • luvinggal
    Options
    Thanks to all the sweet answers and I apprciate it alot. You all helped, I absolutely love this site, you all are sweet. To the starotts, no offense but there may not be a lot that talk mean, but the other day I posted something and there was someone being rude on here. I hope I don't find anyone else like that, because I really want to stay on here.Thank you for the kind words though..lol:flowerforyou: