Bodymedia Fit - iPhone application

Options
Hi! I just got my Bodymedia fit yesterday and I am trying to sync up my device with my iPhone. I downloaded the app that is sponsored by Bodymedia and for some reason it's not allowing me to link the device with the application.

Can anyone tell me how to do that from the iPhone? Any help would be appreciated!

:D - Allie

Replies

• allie_girl
    Options
    I should be more clear - my bluetooth isn't picking up the device - it just keeps searching to no avail... do you have to be on wifi to connect?
  • jrwill228
    Options
    On bodymedia device you need to hold down button for 5 seconds to put into "discovery mode" You also need to turn on bluetooth mode on iphone (settings - general - bluetooth). This puts iphone in discovery mode. Then they should find each other and just follow the prompts from there.... WIFI NOT required.....
  • movingmore
    Options
    I had a bit of trouble too syncing mine....but these instructions helped me
    http://www.bodymedia.com/Pairing-Armband-BW-with-the-iPhone

Jana
    Feisty Former Fat Chick

http://eatbetterandmove.com
  • ready_for_change
    Options
    It took me multiple tries (and frustration) before I realized the one point that none of the instructions or help pages mentioned. The LINK device must NOT be connected to your computer via the USB cord at the time you try to pair it with your smartphone. I was doing all the various downloads, set-ups and charging today - so everything was right in front of me and connected - which seemed normal/OK. But, once I unplugged the USB cord from the computer and the device, the pairing worked on the first try.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just got my Bodymedia fit yesterday and I am trying to sync up my device with my iPhone. I downloaded the app that is sponsored by Bodymedia and for some reason it's not allowing me to link the device with the application.

Can anyone tell me how to do that from the iPhone? Any help would be appreciated!

:D - Allie

Sorry to state the obvious but I presume you have the Link model. If not, it will not connect directly to the app. You need to syn it with your PC which will then sync with the app.
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It took me multiple tries (and frustration) before I realized the one point that none of the instructions or help pages mentioned. The LINK device must NOT be connected to your computer via the USB cord at the time you try to pair it with your smartphone. I was doing all the various downloads, set-ups and charging today - so everything was right in front of me and connected - which seemed normal/OK. But, once I unplugged the USB cord from the computer and the device, the pairing worked on the first try.

^^^ This! After multiple attempts, I waited until it was fully charged and unplugged. Then it worked in seconds.
  • lisavallejos
    lisavallejos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!