The day before a BLOWOUT...

Options
SO FAR I've had a great week but I have a work Christmas party tomorrow at TGI's of all places, delicious but sooooooooo unhealthy.

I've already picked what I think are the healthiest options from a pre-order menu but it's still gonna be a hugely calorific meal. I'm going to enjoy it but has anyone got any tips, what do you eat in the day before big meal out in the evening? I don't want to starve myself all day but I'd like to consume a very small amount of calories to save them up for later.

Any ideas? What do you eat the day of an evening blowout?

Replies

• CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Am having a work party tomorrow as well and on the menue are fish, turkey and crumble (I am so hoping I choose fish not the goats cheese tarte lol... I can't remember) so for tomorrow it is huice, two crumpets and an apple in the morning and some covent garden fresh soup at lunch....
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    For me, it's lots of water and veggies and fruit only... don't 'starve' yourself, it could backfire. :smile:
  • georgia98_98
    georgia98_98 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have a app. on my cell that is called "nutrition" .... It has restaurants menus w/ nurtion value.. GREAT app... Or u can try to go online 2 c the nurtion for there meals... Hope that helps some!:wink:
  • rlwzgd
    rlwzgd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Lots of veggies, fruit and whole grains. Stick with sensible portions throughout the day. I KNOW that if the food is in front of me and on my plate, I will eat it, so as soon as something comes out of the kitchen, I ask for a to go box, divide it in half and eat half of it there. I usually end up eating the other half later that night, but at least I paced myself... Then I don't leave feeling super full and disappointed in myself. Hope this helps
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Option 1: I eat normally and then before I leave for the event I down a glass of water, eat an apple and some almonds. Restaurant portions are large, try eating slow, talking a lot and box up what you don't eat. I also drink a shot of raw vinegar to help with fat digestion after over-indulging.

Options 2: Chow down, enjoy every bite and don't feel guilty about it at all! Then cut carbs the next day and work out a little more intensely.
  • Karamonster
    Karamonster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, Just drink lots of water, maybe granola bar for breakfast and some yogurt for lunch or something...just an idea. I have got so many Christmas parties coming up! December is a tough month for starting this thing lol But regardless of what you eat have fun!
  • sras13
    Options
    ask for a box immediately. put half of your meal away in your to go box right away and dont allow yourself to eat it.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    exercise before so you have more calories and stay away from the barnamint baileys. 800 calories makes a big dint in your limit!!!

Have a great time!!
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    Exercise and lots of fruits and veggies! Definitely don't starve yourself. Be healthy, work your butt off, then enjoy your party!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself all day or then you'll really pig out. What works for me now (I used to do the starve/pig rotation, lol) is to eat normally and then eat a snack before you go out. Still choose healthy options, but you won't arrive hungry, so you'll be less tempted to fill up.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Dance lots!
  • cheekymits
    Options
    Go big or go home I say...Altho this might be the reason I'm such a fat *kitten*..
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Some great suggestions there. A box to go or "doggy bag" as my friends in Florida call it is a real American thing. I don't know why we don't do that here, it's very unfortunate! If you asked in most restaurants in the UK if you could take some food home with you, they'd look at you like you were crazy! I think the only exception would be pizza. I wish I could do that though although I never really thought before, I don't HAVE to eat everything like I usually do and stuff myself silly. I'm gonna go for fruit and water and soup during the day, exercise before hand, eat until I'm satisfied and not full and ENJOY IT.

Thanks guys, I have a plan now, I'm in control! x :)
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Go big or go home I say...Altho this might be the reason I'm such a fat *kitten*..

Haha!! I have also LIVED by this motto my whole life :)