Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Food Cravings

The biggest battle I face it sometime throughout the day I'll just have the biggest cravings for junk food or chocolate of some sort. Even when I'm bored sometimes I just want to eat. Does anyone have any suggestions that could help me avoid or get over these cravings

Replies

• andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    i often get cravings for chocolate or something sweet, so rather than completely deny myself, i try and keep low calorie options to hand, such as cadburys 99cal bars or biscuits. sometimes all you need is a couple of mouthfuls to make you feel better ;0)
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    I've been drinking a ton of water and logging the trips to the bathroom as exercise, lol joking. I like to put a squeeze of fresh lemon in some ice water.
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Fiber one has brownies that are only 90 calories and I love them!!!! they're even better when you heat them up in the microwave I'll also buy mini chocolates so I can have my one piece and it gets rid of my craving
  • I get cravings all the time. Sometimes they are easy to curb with say a couple glasses of water or hot tea (something to take my mind off the food itself while satisfying that "I want to eat something!!!" response). Most times though, that doesn't do the trick and I know myself better than just trying to commit to willpower alone.

So the best thing to do is be prepared with healthy snack alternatives. If it's a sweet tooth, pack berries or different fruits with you at work/school (clementines are in season right now and I just went through a whole bag in a couple days. Satisfies my desire for something sweet while not doing much damage). Berries are great because you can eat a BUNCH (hello constant snacking!) without being detrimental to your weight loss goals (not the best avenue if you're diabetic or trying to watch your sugar intake, but still better than cookies or processed sweets).

For crunchy or more savory snacks, I always go for nuts. Raw almonds are my default for this, but of course there are so many options. The main point is try to find healthy (and whole food instead of processed) alternatives to what you like to snack on, and stash them with you so you're always prepared when cravings hit.

And if you really want something unhealthy, giving in only once in a while will not hurt you in the long run, especially if you are making a conscious effort to change your snacking habits to healthier options.
  • I keep Dark chocolates in my desk drawer. 1 or 2 kills my need for something sweet. I will NEVER be able to cut chocolate completely out of my diet!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    I get severe cravings at TOTM, I just exercise more that day so I can indulge but I only allow it that week and luckily once they start the cravings ease off.