Feel like crying.

Options
I've just come across my weight chart from this time last year, when I was trying to lose weight. I thought I was fat then and I actually weigh 3.5 stone MORE now than I did then. I can't believe I've let myself get to the size I am. I'd give anything to be how I was a year ago and to be able to wear jeans and the pretty dresses I have stuffed in boxes.

I know where I've gone wrong - obviously the eating, but falling madly in love this year and getting too comfortable with eating habits and sitting in front of the tv.

I know that now is the time to change but I feel overwhelmed at the amount I've put on. So close to tears right now :(

Just feel like I needed a little vent!

Replies

• ccarre81
    ccarre81 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It happens to the best of us... the first step is admitting you have a problem. You've done that, so now you can move towards change and a better you. It's possible... you can do it!!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I understand some of how you feel - I have just started back at the gym and I found my previous health and fitness logs and I saw how healthy I was, doing things like the training for my 5k then the 10k - and I let it slide - I was close to tears - but I am using that to motivate myself that I already know I can do it - and I didn't know about MFP then so the food side is so much easier.

The last two times I did it on my own without this extra support - so this time - regardless of how overwhelming the thought is at times - it's better than not being aware of what I can gain by sticking at it.

I don't know if that helps or not?
  • rickyd88
    rickyd88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thankyou both. I've just had a little cry and I guess I've just got to get on with it now. I'm shocked and devestated at how quick it's piled on and I can't help but wonder what other people think of me too.

Really grateful for MFP right now.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is admitting your mistakes. Believe in yourself, you are capable on doing anything you want to. Remember that we are all here in your corner pulling for you. :flowerforyou: