NEED SUPPORT/DAY 1 AGAIN...AND AGAIN..AND AGAIN............

Options
AND AGAIN.....AND AGAIN.........AND AGAIN............... AND AGIAN........ MUST STOP THIS INSANITY!!!!!!!! :explode:

I have started & RESTARTED so many times I can't count! This time will be different and here's why......

1) LOTS of you will be my "friend" and support me & I'll do the same for you! PLEEEEEEASSSEE be my friend! :flowerforyou:

2) LOTS of you will be my "friend" and support me & I'll do the same for you! PLEEEEEEASSSEE be my friend! :flowerforyou: Yes, I REPEATED IT BECAUSE YOU ARE AN IMPORTANT FACTOR TO MY SUCCESS & YOU ARE WORTH YOUR WEIGHT IN GOLD!! (especially since I have no family or friends that support me-kinda new to this city & no family lives here....)

2) My goals are set & I will hang them in my kitchen & in my bathroom so they stare me in the face EVERYDAY!!! Long term & short term goals are set & I feel they are realistic & attainable!!!!

3) I have "prizes" or "awards" set up to motivate me along the way. Some are as simple as a new coffee mug (I'm a coffee addict) or new running shoes, or a new itunes playlist. Others are a weekend getway to scrapbook with a friend, family weekend getaway etc..... I know what to do but I need to have motivation along the way!! I don't get my prize until small mini goals are attained!! All the baby steps will keep adding up to a HUGE WEIGHT LOSS, RIGHT?? about 55 lbs is what I want to lose!

My Day 1 begins this Sunday. That will give me time to clean out cubboards, get healthy food bought & most importantly get my car back from the repair shop so I can get to the YMCA!!!!

PLEASE FRIEND REQUEST ME!!!!

Replies

• jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    Done :)

Awesome post by the way!
  • scottberrydsm
    scottberrydsm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I get it - I'm a recovering alcholic nearly 30 years sober, and yet I STILL struggle with the whole food thing. To me the thing to remember is we ALL start again EVERY DAY, and we can either embrace that and do the best we can with today, or we can lament that we aren't doing so.
  • bonnykate
    Options
    As a fellow- multi-starter, I feel your frustration. You've got it!!
  • txdoll24
    Options
    I added and your my 1st friend and i need you to help me as well!!!!
  • innerbetty
    innerbetty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Done!! I feel your frustration. Let's do this!!
  • yadicarter
    Options
    friend request sent, let's get it done girl =)
  • missmarquez2u
    Options
    I was there my buddy. If you want help or motivation I will back up up 100 % as long as you will say something if you see my calories going above 1700 or my exersize going below 1 hr a day :flowerforyou:
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than but load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.
  • khotch1
    khotch1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Add me at will!

Remember this is a life change and take it one meal at a time if you need to. If you eat a little more then you should don't blow it get right back on the train. I've been there and done that myself, as I'm sure many of us have.

You need to be your number one supporter when you wake up in the morning and come on here if it helps you!!!

Plan your meals, make a shopping list, plan your exercise times, plan for YOU!!!
  • allanofriesen
    Options
    I'm with you! Don't know how many times I've started over, but this time I'm sticking with it. Good idea with the rewards! I know we can do it, I've got about 40 pounds to go, so I need the encouragement as well.
  • veronica_dav
    Options
    Great advice!
  • sharrry1
    Options
    same here! I have started over and over again, I 'll be your friend we can do this together.
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    OH YEAH!! YOU GOT THIS!!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    All the advice you have shared is AWESOME!! THANK YOU!!!!! I really feel like this will be my last "DAY 1" No more restarts cause I WILL NOT QUIT!!! & I know you all WON'T LET ME!!!!! :laugh:

I should add that I lost about 40 lbs 2 years ago & QUIT MY DIET AND GAINED IT ALL BACK PLUS SOME!!!! So my focus is truly............................................. HEALTHY LIFESTYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You quit DIETS but you CAN'T QUIT A LIFESTYLE, RIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!! TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!
  • goldensuccess
    Options
    Hang in there!!! I had given up and then a friend told me about Myfitnesspal. Since august I have lost 35 pounds!! Track everything and what I do is in the morning, I preplan my food and log it in so I know exactly what I will eat all day and I stick to it. Also I even measure my water. YOU CN DO IT!!!
  • jtompsn
    jtompsn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sunday is going to be my first day...AGAIN too! I also need to get a menu prepared for the week and go to the store before starting.

Here's to all of us Day 1 AGAIN people!!! May it be our last day 1!!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    That's my plan for Sat.... meal plan tomorrow & grocery shop Sat am! I like to eat 6 mini meals a day or high protein snacks. I won't plan tham ALL out but have the pantry/fridge stocked with healthy choices.

My main problem is I do it great for a day or 2, maybe 4 or 5 days at best. I need to get over that & try to look at it as my new lifestyle that is forever, not just another diet.... Not sure how to "retrain" my brain......
  • stephanietisi
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!! Don't give up! We all know what it's like to battle this fight...and we tend to be our own worst critics and enemies. Say NO MORE to that negativity, and just look in the mirror and see the beautiful inside you that is cheering you on!
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Friend request on the way. I am 43 and can't even count how many times I have done this over and over. I lost almost 100 pounds 6 years ago and now 2 babies later I had gained it all back!! We can do this for good!
  • StacyB150
    StacyB150 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You can do it! And don't push yourself to go totally healthy all at once. It is a slow process. Portion control is key! There are a lot of tasty 100 calorie snacks out there. Make sure you pick up something up like that so you don't feel like you're depriving yourself. I sent you a friend request! You can do this!