How to lose the last 5 pounds?

Options
Hello everyone! I have been really trying hard to lose the last 5 pounds. I have tried everything it seems like. Eating more, eating less (all within' my calorie limits.) Working out, cardio and strength training.

The scale is not budging.

Any tips?

Replies

• dawniewest
    dawniewest Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump I'm having the same problem :( So frustrating.
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    me too, same problem.I think I am going to cut out bread, and other starchy foods, see what that does.Good luck!:smile:
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Still working at it too! I am trying to cut out processed foods as much as possible...just started this so I don't have any results yet.

P.S. I wore that same costume last year :) love it!!
  • vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    significant weights as heavy as you can tolerate for a half hour a day x 2 weeks...and it's history.
  • inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. I bought a book called 'Losing the last 5 kilos' which has a 30 day plan. I lost 2.5 but that was it. I have now actually upped my calories to 1400-1500 a day and after gaining some back on I am now back on the way down. Will let you know how I go!
  • LadyHansen13
    LadyHansen13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I noticed the last couple days. (I weigh in everyday) That turning up the incline on my treadmill has helped. So, I now see I need that resistance to help built muscle. It has really made a big difference on the scale! Going to keep going with it and see how much more I can lose!
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    sounds like you've got it figured out. but i've been doing a lot of reading lately, and there seems to be a couple things to do can break a plateau. you could do a week or two of cardio twice a day or try some high intensity interval training (the concept that "intensity" is based off of.

Good luck!
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i was told to eat a huge salad for dinner and that your body would be working at night to digest it.
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    They say the last 5-10lbs are the hardest to lose. So just set your goal 10lbs lower and you should be able to reach your original goal.
  • RickMckc
    Options
    That made me laugh out loud. Brilliant!