Difference in numbers on the scale:

Options
So does anyone notice how crazy scales can flucuate on weight?! Does anyone know of a reliable scale brand?? Sometimes I really wonder how much I weigh, lol.

Replies

• Speedtrap
    Options
    My Withings scale is very accurate, but you will pay for it. Price Tag is $160
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    it can be hard as the yw ill all fluctuate- what I tend to do is just stick to one set- I never use to have scales so would walk to local Boots store and use there BMI scales on a friday so I always went by the same set. Now I have brought some and these are the oly ones I weigh in on every Friday morning- seems to work and then you have a clearer idea of weight if your always judging against a previous reading on the same set. Hope this helps. x
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Thanks yall!
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My weight varies between 5 pounds each day, depending on the time I weigh myself and what I've eaten. The same scale will tell me different numbers. I'm at the point where as long as I feel good and my clothes are getting looser, I'm happy.
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    Different scales always seem to weigh differently. Even the same scale in a different place. I put mine in the bathroom and weigh myself and then move it to the kitchen and I've suddenly gained three pounds. I hate doctor's scales because they want to weigh you with all your stuff on and in winter, that adds about ten pounds to my actual weight. So it's really best to weigh the same scale, same location. Even if it's off from the "true weight" by a pound or so, you'll know if you're gaining/losing if you stick to it.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My scale can vary in the same location, at the same time of day, naked. Drives me crazy!
  • easilychanged
    easilychanged Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is obvious to others, but I recently learned you're not supposed to keep your scale in the bathroom. The humidity ruins it. I've had two scales go bad where the numbers fluctuate.
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Different scales always seem to weigh differently. Even the same scale in a different place. I put mine in the bathroom and weigh myself and then move it to the kitchen and I've suddenly gained three pounds. I hate doctor's scales because they want to weigh you with all your stuff on and in winter, that adds about ten pounds to my actual weight. So it's really best to weigh the same scale, same location. Even if it's off from the "true weight" by a pound or so, you'll know if you're gaining/losing if you stick to it.

That's what I have been doing I go use the scale at the gym every week to weigh in before ive eaten or anything and try to wear light clothing. sometimes if its empty in the locker room ill take off my pants to get a more accurate weight lol
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I tend to stick to my own scales, that way at least I know the readings are consistent, if not necessarily accurate.

I weighed yesterday morning just to see how much damage I'd done after a crazy weekend (none fortunately LOL), then I had to go for a BP check at our GP surgery.

The nurse asked to weigh me as my BP was higher than normal - fully dressed and late in the afternoon her scales made me six pounds LIGHTER than mine had when I was naked first thing in the morning! I did comment that my scales made me heavier and she just laughed, but at least she was able to record a 6kg loss since I last had a weight check in November so yay me!

I've also found its much less stressful to weigh just once a week rather than hopping on every day as your weight can fluctuate greatly. I only sneaked a peek yesterday morning because of the awful few days previously.

I only record the results from my scales.

Good luck!
  • italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I'm not going crazy! hahahah I thought I was getting obsessed with my scale fluctuating...

So, this is what I did when I had a weigh day- I took an unopened bottle of body wash that was in my bathroom. The label said 1lb. I weighed it, and the scale said 1lb. Then I weighed myself.

At least I knew the scale was telling the truth! heheheheh
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    Thank goodness I'm not going crazy! hahahah I thought I was getting obsessed with my scale fluctuating...

So, this is what I did when I had a weigh day- I took an unopened bottle of body wash that was in my bathroom. The label said 1lb. I weighed it, and the scale said 1lb. Then I weighed myself.

At least I knew the scale was telling the truth! heheheheh

That's not a bad idea lmao. Good thinkin'!