Feet! Why do you want to hurt me?

I have plantar fasciitis and heel spur. Doc told me today only solution is surgery. (I have exhausted ALL resources, done everything asked by doc and physical therapist) this is a second opinion, got the same thing from another doc. Anyone been through this or know someone who has? Please help! I'm at a dead end and been dealing with this for almost 6 months! Suggestions, advice, comment? Anything would help.

Replies

• hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    I've never dealt with it myself. But my sports massage therapist swears he can keep people from needing surgery. Do you have access to a really good sports massage therapist? Not one who just does sports massages, but one who specializes in sports and works primarily on athletes.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    I have a mild case in 1 foot. I wear over the counter orthodics in my running shoes and dress hoes. I strech heal before I get out of bed every day. Rested feet for a while.
  • jillbrad
    jillbrad Posts: 5 Member
    I too have had these ailments, three times now. The pain from them, sometimes 1 heel, sometimes both, lasted for around 6-7 months then went away seemingly by itself, I did use anti-inflamitories when it got bad and I had to work, (I am a nurse) and, I changed to those croc shoes, they seemed to help absorb the pressure that caused the pain. It was worst when I got out of bed and started walking, soon reducing to a bearable level and as long as I didn't stop, and were sort of ok for the rest of the day - til i sat down and took the pressure off, such an exquisitly sore pain too. All the best,
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    I've never dealt with it myself. But my sports massage therapist swears he can keep people from needing surgery. Do you have access to a really good sports massage therapist? Not one who just does sports massages, but one who specializes in sports and works primarily on athletes.

The physical therapist I used, that was his specialty. He worked with professional athletes before this job, he didn't like all the traveling, nothing more he can do...
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    I have a mild case in 1 foot. I wear over the counter orthodics in my running shoes and dress hoes. I strech heal before I get out of bed every day. Rested feet for a while.

Been wearing orthotics for months and not the real cheap kind. Bought couple of pairs so I don't have to change them out. Always stretch. Even had calf massages in PT to help loosen them, no help.
  • Maybe because you email pics of your tits to other peoples husband!