Oh Crap! My Christmas Clothes don't fit!

Options
This is actually an NSV, but here goes: I went to the back of my closet a few days ago to get out my Christmas clothes so I could wash them and get them ready for the Holidays. I tried on a sweater...no go! Tried on another...same thing! Then, I got excited and tried EVERYTHING on.....NOTHING FITS!!! I have never been so happy that my clothes don't fit!

I promised myself that I wasn't going to buy any new clothes until I reach my goal weight and I'm sticking to it! So what if I don't have "Christmas clothes" to wear this year?!? I'm LOSING WEIGHT!!!!!

Thank you guys for being the kind of friends that support and not judge!

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Yeah! That is a good feeling. Just think of how many deals you will find after Christmas!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's a great NSV! I'm pretty wearing my smallest jeans in my closet right now and they are starting to get loose.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You can always get some cheap stuff at a thrift store. No sense spending lots of money on clothes that will only fit for a little while. Congrats!
  • letthejourneybegin
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Good job! Girl put on those Christmas clothes anyway! Accessorize it with a belt and go on about your business! LOL
  • jschm947
    jschm947 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    YAY for you! Good job!
  • Caylee320
    Caylee320 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yippeee! Clothes that are too big is the best feeling! I say you deserve one new ROCKIN christmas outfit for all your hard work.
  • caseydee09
    Options
    That is fantastic!!!!!! What a great accomplishment! Merry Christmas to YOU!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Good job! Girl put on those Christmas clothes anyway! Accessorize it with a belt and go on about your business! LOL

I agree! Love your response! :flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations. :happy:
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you're going to be with family, I would wear the exact same thing from last year, show up (with back-up, fitting clothes) and be like "You remember this from last year? Yeah. It's that big on me now." :D
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good for you. New Wardrobes are always good.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Compromise, wear your birthday suit. Who makes these rules anyways. ;)
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I tossed all my fat clothes, and little by little - everything must GO!

I am not that person, and I look like a guy wearing a tent.
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    If you can go to any "second hand" stores you can pick up some nice fitting clothese pretty cheap. Last time (1999) when I lost over 50 pounds, my aunt introduced me to this method of shopping- it is amazing how nice of clothes you can find so cheap!!!
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's a great NSV! I'm pretty wearing my smallest jeans in my closet right now and they are starting to get loose.

Haha me too, I keep using the same jeans over and over again because nothing more fits! It's an awesome feeling

Congrats on your NSV!!
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I iknow exactly how you feel.....First I grew 'back' into my old clothes, now they've gone.....I don't want to forget that I was ever as big as I was, but photos are the only reminders I need now, not big clothes.....very well done indeed....:-}
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Way to go! That is the greatest feeling. Today I had on a pair of pants that were way to small when I started in September. Like hard to get up and about 2 inches away from being buttoned! Today they were actually a little big :) Keep up the FANTASTIC work!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    What an amazing and awesome feeling! Good for you hon!:flowerforyou:
  • 2live4ever79
    Options
    Awesome wtg!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!