Too big or too small?

I have pants that used to make me feel fabulous, now they make me feel frumpy. So in your opinion what is better, have baggy pants or pants a bit too snug but still wearable with a long shirt?

Replies

• Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    I like stuff that makes me feel Great!

if I had to leave choose too big or too small, I am going to to with too small. I am still losing weight though.

:wink:

You could get the looser ones altered. A tailor could be your best friend.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I never, ever, EVAR wear anything that is too big for me. Ever. I cannot stand the frump. To that end, I don't wear things that are too small either.

The tailor is a great option if the waistband is easy.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    As soon as I can fit into a smaller size I just don't wear the bigger ones anymore - hate that feeling of low hanging butt....love tight fitiing clothes (wore loose for to many years to waste more time on them!!)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    I don't like the feeling where my rolls are hanging around for everyone to see, so I wear the bigger clothes until I can get a size that fits.
  • As soon as I can fit into the next size down, I find I don't want to wear the big ones anymore lol!
    But I've not reached my goal yet and I'm still losing weight, so my wardrobe is constantly downsizing.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    I like stuff that makes me feel Great!

if I had to leave choose too big or too small, I am going to to with too small. I am still losing weight though.

:wink:

You could get the looser ones altered. A tailor could be your best friend.
    that is a bood idea. Size 4 are too big and size 2 a bit small. Since tney do not make size 3 i better lose a bit more weight.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Most of my pants (the ones I *haven't* gotten rid of) are starting to look frumpy on me in a too big kinda way. At first the looseness is nice...makes you feel extra small...but then you just look sloppy.

Thankfully I have a handful of next size down/current size pants so I don't always look like a slob.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Just wear the pants in your pic all the time.

Your stomach looks fantastic in em..
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 164 Member
    All my clothes are big on me now, and I think I usually look like a slob. But, I'm at least comfortable walking, sitting, bending over, etc and there's no more muffin top in bigger clothes so I think I prefer too big over too small! Hopefully some new clothes after Christmas though...that would be ideal. :)
  • Size 4 being too big is a problem I would love to have. Baggy is not cute. Id say as long as you can breath and won't rip your pants when you sit down you should go with the 2. :)
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    I'm going to go with to small. I'm still losing weight and if I get pants comfortable (especially jeans since they usually have stretch) by the time I break them in, I just find them annoying since I have to keep pulling them up. I don't like wearing loose pants. I'd rather just wear a longer shirt to hide my stomach bulge.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Just wear the pants in your pic all the time.

Your stomach looks fantastic in em..

:blushing:
  • slashkiss
    slashkiss Posts: 74 Member
    I have bought a handful of dresses and skirts because those tend to be more forgiving if they are a bit too tight or too loose. I go with the pencil skirts that just have an elastic waistband so I can pull them up higher or roll the waistband as needed to make them fit more appropriately. There is no reason you can't look nice to go with your changing body. I have a lot of weight to loose so I don't want to buy a bunch of clothes until I hit my goal weight but I had to have a few transition pieces to get me through.