Super Dizzy Post-Workout

Options
I'm not even sure "Post" is accurate. The past few times I have attempted to do some step aerobics, I end up ridiculously dizzy, nauseated, and crazy light headed.

I don't go all out crazy to start with. And I used to be able to do steps for 30-45 minutes. Now after ten I honestly can't see straight.

I'm not sure there is a specific thing to do to make this better, but if anyone has any tips or suggestions I would love to hear them!

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Whenever this has happened to me in the past I have been carb depleted. Make sure you are eating enough to fuel your workouts!
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    You could also look into your iron levels. I have a deficiency, so I find myself very tired, dizzy, and nauseated. But I would look into hydration and carbs first.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I commonly see this issue with younger women who try to kill it in the gym and also drastically slash their calories. Make sure you are eating enough (at least the 1200 calories per day, more if you workout a lot), and if it keeps happening you may want to see a doctor.

Editted to add: Without knowing how much you are working out, it can also be a sign of over-training. Need more info though.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Get tested for anemia
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I have issues with getting dizzy during intense workouts, and it's usually related to the same reason. I haven't eaten enough and I haven't drank enough water before a workout. I need to have a snack within 2 hrs of working out, and I need to drink some water. If I don't do both, my personal training sessions I'd always end up too dizzy to do cardio after they were over. I try to hold off on eating my afternoon snack until 3:30 so it's closer to when I workout. Also eating a good balance of carbs and protein for lunch helps. I have a sandwich with turkey and cheese, a greek yogurt, and an apple for lunch most days. That usually fills me up and a snack holds me until after my workout.
  • mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    this has been happening to me a lot lately! I have severe anemia but i didnt even think that thats what could be causing it. I think I will talk to my doctor on thursday and I will let you know what she says about mine! Are you anemic? Do you always feel sluggish or eat a lot of ice?
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    how is your salt? or your blood pressure?
  • smltwngrl
    Options
    actually every time I have had my iron levels checked in the past I have always been higher than normal, but my diet has changed since then, so I guess it is a possibility.
  • smltwngrl
    Options
    I do keep going over on my sodium :/ no idea on my cholesterol