30 Day shred

Options
Just wondering if anybody used the 30 day shred dvd, and what was your results. My wife and I are on our 8th day and minimul losses even though diet is good

Replies

• themsbauer
    themsbauer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just started this week doing 30 day shred. I havent had much results yet but i have not done it every day. I like it so far.
  • Ichbinceiling
    Options
    Look through these message boards.

Use the "search" function and search for 30DS. You'll see the results that people have had.

Be patient.. They will come off :)
  • LosingWeight2012
    LosingWeight2012 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Couple weeks in down 4 lbz
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I did the Shred and lost an inch from hip and waist and lost 2 inches from my arms. Though I did not loose any weight, I have to say that my stamina, posture, and endurance is much better which helps with my other exercises such as weight training and treadmill. I am on the the "second" phase of the 30 day shred which involves alternating between Level 1 and Level 3. Sometimes I do them back-to-back and follow up with my other excercises. I am beginning to see a difference in my body though the scale has not moved.. I can't wait for the results and to re-meausure myself again. Keep doing the Shred!
  • almost50now
    almost50now Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Started the shred tonight. Had some knee pain afterwards. Going to see if I can keep it up. I had read some people are doing it every other day. It doesn't say that on the DVD. So...it is meant to be done every day, right?
  • lottanorde
    Options
    I have done it, level 1-3, not always every day, but regularily over 3 months. The results are great! No matter if you do it every day or every other day the results will show as long as you keep going! It becomes fun and addictive after a while!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm getting extremely tempted to get this DVD, please let me know how you get on with it if you do it.
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    Started the shred tonight. Had some knee pain afterwards. Going to see if I can keep it up. I had read some people are doing it every other day. It doesn't say that on the DVD. So...it is meant to be done every day, right?

If I did it every day... well, it's impossible for me to do it every day because it really works those quads. So much so that it's physically impossible to carry on the next day because my legs give way. I'm finding that leaving it a day in between is working out just fine. Measured my thighs last night and have lost half an inch on each. Result!

The key is to put as much effort in as you possibly can, but no so much so that you bail out halfway through the workout.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

every day can cause serious knee problems, you NEED rest days.I wouldn't do more than 2 in a row without taking a day off
    (on which you can do something else if you want, just not the shred...go for a walk, or something...)
  • crisnis
    crisnis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 and I haven't weighed or measured yet (I do it on Sundays) but I definitely see a difference in my body and my ability to complete the strength portions of the workout without resting. You will be building lean muscle so the scale may not be the best way to measure your success - take measurements and see if you are not losing inches...
  • gregj73
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, 8 days in lost inches. My wife lost more- she is happy, cause she just gave birth to our son October 24th!
  • paprad
    paprad Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a mix of rowing and jog-walk on the treadmill. Just got the 30 DS DVD - and I plan to start tomorrow. Going by this thread, it is very demanding - so should I do both this and continue with my gymming? or do I do only this and nothing else? I lift moderately heavy weights but my cardio is still weak.
  • almost50now
    Options
    Finished day 6, that is 6 workouts in 8 days. It was harder today than ever. Think I need to hydrate more. No movement in weight or inches. Determined to continue. So...of those who have done this before, should I count the days as just days I do the video or should I just just go by the days of the month, as saying I am on day 8?
  • almost50now
    Options
    every day can cause serious knee problems, you NEED rest days.I wouldn't do more than 2 in a row without taking a day off
    (on which you can do something else if you want, just not the shred...go for a walk, or something...)
    [/quote]

Thanks, I have taken a couple of days off. It was so much better the next day. :bigsmile:
  • crisnis
    crisnis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think you need to listen to your body - I have done it for 12 days straight without any knee pain and I have prior knee injuries... I was sore in my muscles the first couple days but that was to be expected.

I think it varies for everyone. I don't think it can be said doing it everyday will cause problems or not - preexisting conditions, weight and activity level can all play a part in how you respond to the workout. Just see how your body responds and act accordingly - I would measure by how many days you complete the workout versus calendar days though, so if you have only done the work out 6 times I would say you are on day 6... but again - do what feels right for your body.
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I did Level 2 Day 9 today. So far in 19 days doing it, I lost 7.5 lbs. As for mesurements, after level 1 I had lost 7 inches. Tommorrow is my last day on level 2, so I'll mesure Saturday and see how many inches I lost with level 2.