Stupid Ex Boyfriend Inspired me to Get In Shape

Options
At least the break up was good for something right? A women's scorn can be a bad thing but in case I'm turning it around into something fabulous (hopefully).

I'm a 31 year old, SINGLE, widowed working mom of two wonderful kids. My daughter is five and my son is turning eight in a week. I live in Vancouver, BC and work in the social media marketing industry. My weight has fluctuated a lot since my teenage years and it's my goal to get to a healthy weight and maintain it.

My husband passed away a little over 4 years ago and I've had one serious relationship since. He ended up to be a total jerkface which is why I'm here :)

Replies

• Tracy9377
    Tracy9377 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    HaHa! Jerk faces are easy to find, and hard to get rid of - I am 30 years old (actually, I'll be 30 in 3 months, and I'm trying to get used to saying it.) I just married my second husband one year ago tomorrow. He's definately not a jerkface, but I had to kiss a lot of frogs to find him. I have dropped about 30 pounds since I met him because I finally had someone who encouraged me to be healthy instead of just guilting me about it while mowing down on potato chips and salami (my ex). What makes me feel secure is that we fell in love when I was 30 pounds heavier, so I know that he's with me for me - not the fringe benefits.
    At least the break up was good for something right? A women's scorn can be a bad thing but in case I'm turning it around into something (hopefully).

I'm a 31 year old, SINGLE, widowed working mom of two wonderful kids. My daughter is five and my son is turning eight in a week. I live in Vancouver, BC and work in the social media marketing industry. My weight has fluctuated a lot since my teenage years and it's my goal to get to a healthy weight and maintain it.

My husband passed away a little over 4 years ago and I've had one serious relationship since. He ended up to be a total jerkface which is why I'm here :)
  • Tracy9377
    Tracy9377 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oops .. I hit reply before I was done --- anyhow, I'm glad to see that you are being positive. That will get you a long way. I wish you the best - God Bless!
    HaHa! Jerk faces are easy to find, and hard to get rid of - I am 30 years old (actually, I'll be 30 in 3 months, and I'm trying to get used to saying it.) I just married my second husband one year ago tomorrow. He's definately not a jerkface, but I had to kiss a lot of frogs to find him. I have dropped about 30 pounds since I met him because I finally had someone who encouraged me to be healthy instead of just guilting me about it while mowing down on potato chips and salami (my ex). What makes me feel secure is that we fell in love when I was 30 pounds heavier, so I know that he's with me for me - not the fringe benefits.
    At least the break up was good for something right? A women's scorn can be a bad thing but in case I'm turning it around into something (hopefully).

• samanthacollier
    samanthacollier Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Very nice to meet you :) And congrats on your success thus far. I'm happy to see you have a kind husband who encourages you: that's the way it's supposed to be! I look forward to seeing your face on the boards!

Samantha
  • cayadear
    cayadear Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Show him what he's totally missing. :)

On a related note, my current boyfriend inspired me to get in shape. Hahah.
  • Jennlovescupcakes
    Options
    Very nice to meet you! Yep, that (ended relationships) used to be my motivation and it was a good one!! You are going to look fantastic!!
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Jerkfaces are sometimes the best motivation! ROFL

I've lost 93 lbs since my baby's dad left me and now he won't leave me alone.
  • ryanperna
    ryanperna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am also inspired by my wife who is leaving me-been here 3 weeks and down over 5 pounds! It's a wonderful feeling to let her go and start to focus on my own happiness!
  • bmjohnso9192
    Options
    I dated a jerk-face too,for four years...he was always putting me down. Took awhile for me to stand up for myself and dump his @$$. After I lost that 180lbs... :wink: ...I got on the track to losing the weight a bad relationship helped tack on me! I weighed 245 at my heaviest, (I put on almost 80lbs during those year I was with him.) I lost 40lbs in just a few months after leaving him. After a couple years of maintaining, I still use that jerk-face for my weight loss goals. Now, I can't wait til he see's me looking smokin hot!
  • samanthacollier
    samanthacollier Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind hellos gals and guys. Jerkfaces are the best motivation ever. Especially when I'm an idiot and called him last night just to grovel and be an idiot again. He told me that he needs time to think about how he might want to live alone like a playboy and travel the world. Good luck with that when your parents support you and you have no money and no job! Grrr... hate relationships.
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    :wink: I support anyone who's goals and modivation are based around the goal of crushing someone else! Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou: