Newbie looking for some friends to help me lose these last f

Options
Hi guys,

I just joined this site 2 weeks ago and have come to rely and use it much more than I thought I would. However, it would be nice to get to know other people on here and share progress etc. I basically decided I wanted to lose weight, join the gym and live a healthier life in general on 3 Oct 2009. So I joined the gym, started eating three healthy meals a day and cut down my working hours so they were more sensible. I didn't weigh myself until a few days into it as I didn't own any scales but when I got some they showed at 5ft 8 I was 14st 12lb and I was devastated. I didn't look back after that. In the first three months I lost 3 stone and then from Jan - June 2010 the rate I lost weight slowed down while my shape started to change markedly. In those six months I went from 12 st to 10 st 3 lb and a UK size 14 to size 10-12 and was feeling great. I started running anything up to 6 miles a couple of times a week as well as going to the gym, playing badminton and started making new friends. I felt confident and generally had a new lease of life.

However, along with my new figure came a new found confidence and outlook on life and I realised I still wasn't happy and needed to make some personal changes in my life. Anyway, I basically managed to work through this "stuff" and kept myself in shape pretty much up until Nov last year and then it went pear shaped. I got ill with a bad flu which took pretty much a month to get over and wasn't helped by my asthma. I was run down and then Christmas came along. I'd already started to falter and once January came I jut couldn't get back on track however much I tried. Whenever I got some momentum going I would get sick again or something unavoidable would happen. This continued until the end of May this year and so I decided I wasn't going to fight it anymore. So for a month (June) I ate anything and everything I wanted and stopped going to the gym. Then right at the end of June something suddenly clicked again and suddenly I got my motivation and determination back. I had put on an awful lot of weight during the previous 6 months of stopping and starting and my final binge month added insult to injury. I didn't check my weight but I knew it was bad because I could no longer fit into my size 12 jeans and size 10 tops, I was back in my size 14s and I knew if I continued they wouldn't fit either before too long.

So I started off again with eating healthy and going to the gym CONSISTENTLY on 30 June this year. I have had a couple of slip ups but this time the difference is I have not let it get to me as much as it did before and I have carried on.

My aim back in 2009 was 10st and whenever I get within 3-4 lbs I relapse...I did this very thing again in October! Since my initial goal I changed my goal weight to 138 lb and currently I'm at 146 lb. I don't want to fail again this xmas and I want to reach my goals so I'm looking for people to help me stay positive and motivated when times get tough and I will do the same.

Sorry for the long post, but that's basically my weightloss journey. There's no stopping me typing once I get going haha. All friend requests welcomed and in case it's an issue I'll be uploading a pic and fixing my profile over the weekend.

M x

Replies

• samanthacollier
    samanthacollier Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I've had a similar weight loss journey. Sometimes losing the weight doesn't always equate happiness. We need to get rid of the personal issues that bring us down too. It's tough! I'm also losing my last 10 lbs and would love to be buddies. :)
  • dreaminchicken
    Options
    Hello Samantha, thanks for replying :) you are absolutely right. I was unhappy before I started my diet and thought it was all due to the fact that I was overweight. I was never stick thin growing up anyway and was always unhappy with my weight even though no-one would ever describe me as fat. Anyway when I met my boyfriend, moved in with him and moved to a new area I just piled the weight on. I lived how he lived, ate how he ate but the difference is he put a stone on and I put on about 3.5 stone. After losing all this weight I felt better about myself but I wasn't happy with how my life was so I made some changes. Losing he weight gave me the confidence to do that and stick to my guns otherwise I'd have never taken steps to change things I was unhappy with or taken risk(s).

Because I did it on my own with no real support it made me feel like I could do anything I put my mind to and that confidence in myself has kind of stayed with me now. I'm not saying life is perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than it was 4.5 stone ago :)

It's good to hear that you are having similar success. We will have to really dig in over the festive period x