Felt like giving up

Options
I just today discovered this site and decided that I would give it a try. I have been trying to lose weight for a long while now and nothing seems to be working and I feel its because I have no support. No one to tell when I am hungry or no one to share ideas with. I know that I want to lose weight and be healthier. I do not want to do it because I want to wear cute clothes or look attractive or not be called fat anymore. I want to do it because I want to be someone that my daughter can look up to. I want to chase her around the house and not get tired after 10 minutes of her two year old energy. I would like to not spent half my life on the couch because I do not have energy to spare. I am hoping to meet some amazing people and possibly make some great friend who I can lose weight with, succeed with, get through my struggles with. People who will not let me give up no matter what. If I find that here, that would be amazing.

Replies

• eatlift
    eatlift Posts: 113
    Options
    You can add me if you want!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Good Luck :D you will get there :D never give up :D
  • vitahill
    vitahill Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds like a great reason! I just joined too and it seems like there are a lot of people on here that are very supportive and encouraging, which is great especially when you are just starting out.
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    dont give up, you have already come so far. add me if you would like :)
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    First Welcome! You have alot of reasons to not give up. You took the first step and you just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,393 Member
    Options
    Your daughter is too cute! I LOVE THIS site. My daughter indroduced me to it. Everyone here is amazing! Feel free to add me!
  • phardiman01
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hello,

I understand your pain... I felt the same way. This site is amazing... one peice of advice is to stay on this site EVERY SINGLE DAY!! Support comes from everyone around you and you never know who will add something that will lift your spirits and keep you going. Today was it for me... .Because I ate some sweet almonds and thought "why am I torturing my self counting calories' well I got on line and logged my day and found so many positive stories that it made me committ to continue. You can DEFINETLY add me as a friend.. but rememeber when your feeling low you can read these comments and continue to motivate yourself...
  • eddiedraz
    eddiedraz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!! I have 2 little girls.
  • Sweet_Southern_Tea
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me.
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    youcan addm too? i am on everyday
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    This site is great! If you long on often and keep track of your calories- exercise and food you should see results and if you ck out the msg boards, blogs and groups you should easily be able to find people to lose weight with.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Girl, I think we have all be there....Thinking that we will be fat forever..

But you have made the first step in joining us all here.....

This is a great site and all are very supportive......

Need help? Then just ask.......:flowerforyou:
  • samanthacollier
    samanthacollier Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I added you too :) I also have two kids - trust me, I know what it's like to want to run after them but cant due to lack of energy :)
  • kandydomaracki
    Options
    I;m starting over again this morning after a night of bindging due to hostility and the need to get away......I can no longer use excess food as a means of excape......I would like to encourage you to keep going and if you fall down, get back up!