Are you a Christmas present snooper ??

Options
I'm not. I don't even want to find my gifts before the big day. My GF on the other hand, is ridiculous! She's such a snoop that I normally don't even buy her stuff till the last possible minute just so I can suprise her with something. There's no hiding spot secure enough to keep her at bay.

Who's the super snoop in your house ??

Replies

• DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I would rather be surprsied. So I don't snoop. I hide the hubby's presents. One year I got a green sack, and hid the sack in the Christmas tree. We always use the fake kind and I had placed alot of ribbon and ornaments in front of it. Took some doing to get it out though.:ohwell:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I don't snoop... but if the presents are left around I do try to guess what's in it by the shape, weight, etc... It's a curiosity thing, can't help wondering the unknown! Not just with presents... anything... I need to know what's in the box, envelope, etc whatever is in the house. I don't go look for anything though.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have been known to use a razor blade to slice through the tape on wrapped packages and then re-wrap them... :blushing: I'm so ashamed...:laugh:
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    OMG! I am perpetually 5 years old! I ALWAYS try to snoop!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, my siblings and I always snooped to see what our parents got us. They found out so they didn't put the presents under the tree until Christmas Eve. They hid them and we never found the presents either, ha ha ha. Now I like to wait and be surprised.
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My other half is the snooper, but the funny thing is that he is not even normally looking for it he just happens onto it. Like this year already....... we all went in and got him one of those HUGE tool chests and we hid it in the barn as he normally never goes in there in the winter. Well he found it by total accident, one of our friends was over and he wanted to see the barn...... so there goes that surprise, but little does he know that I have a smaller gift for him that I have hid, hopefully this one is safe.:laugh:
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I always snoop, because I hate surprises.

And I'm a horrible on the spot liar - so if I don't like the present, you'll be able to tell. If I have time to prepare, then I can fake like it.
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    I used to when I was younger. When my parents went out, I'd find the sellotape and the scissors, and go find one of mine, open it and tape it up again....
    Now, I just make my husband tell me . He gets so annoyed with me asking, he gives in !

LOL I'm so impatient ! x
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I used to be a super snoop. I'm getting better about it. But my husband likes to order something from Amazon or whatever, open the box to make sure he got the order, and then leave it in the freaking bedroom where I have to walk past it every day. And he shops early. So it's hard not to snoop. This year I made him put everything in his closet so I don't have to look at it, and it's been much easier.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My kids love to snoop, but they know that if things in my closet get rearranged, I'm taking everything back. :devil:

Last night, my daughter and neighbor walked into our living room with what I consider a HUGE present from a neighbor. I am very tempted to snoop.