whats the biggest check you have ever got at one time

Options
mine was $17,000

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    That's a nice little check. But from what souce and what period of time? We need some perspective.:drinker: Congratulations.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Your check is about what I make in 6 months. Must be nice.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Approx $280K. Equity from a house.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    8k. loser am i.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    $12,000 ish.
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    $4,700. Income tax return. :love:
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    lol no friends thats not what I normaly get that was a check from the IRS where they owed me on back taxes they said I never paid that I did.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I get lots of checks - one HUGE check! I was so happy, and we sure needed it.

It bounced....lol
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Approx $280K. Equity from a house.

good for you!!!!!!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    8k. loser am i.

The Jenna I know is no loser :)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    $13,187.89 for a car that was written off due to me being rear ended by a guy who was texting and driving.
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sold a house and my share was 156K
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    $50,000 - profit form selling our home that we remodeled - pretty cool since we had only paid $72,000 for it 2 years prior! Man- having that $50,000 in the bank for a few days was PRETTY COOL! Turned around and paid it down on our new home and renovations for it!
  • MereMe
    Options
    And I am a Realtor - so my next largest check was $11,900 - commission check! Thank the LORD! :)
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    These all sound like wonderful amounts...please post you SS# also!! :flowerforyou:
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    lol no friends thats not what I normaly get that was a check from the IRS where they owed me on back taxes they said I never paid that I did.

How nice for you! What will you do with it?
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    $2.5 million...OK it was for work but the envelope was addressed to me. :)
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Despite that the photo's too big.

spoo-2.jpg
  • jsteffen80
    Options
    Right around $80,000 9 years ago for selling my share of inherited farm land. If nothing else I come away from it with the knowledge of how NOT to handle money. At this point I have about $3000 worth of woodworking equipment, and an engine-less motorcycle to show for it.
  • MereMe
    Options
    Right around $80,000 9 years ago for selling my share of inherited farm land. If nothing else I come away from it with the knowledge of how NOT to handle money. At this point I have about $3000 worth of woodworking equipment, and an engine-less motorcycle to show for it.

Those are tough lessons to learn! My commission check I mentioned was SUPPOSED to pay for new hardwood floors in our home... yep... still walking around on concrete! Once you start buying stuff and paying bills, it just all whittles away! :cry: