Exercise calories.

I do really well eatting and logging. But then at night I go workout. Then when I get home I have a hard time eating all my calories. But then sometimes Im just not hungry. So then its hard to make myself eat...

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    What does your progress look like?
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    don't eat if you're not hungry. i know after a work out i don't want any solid food. so i drink up my calories. try a fruit smoothie with some protein powder. i do 8 ounces of fruit juice, a cup of frozen fruit, 1/2 cup of yogurt, dash of salt, a banana, and 2 scoops of protein powder. feel free to cut that in half though. makes a great recovery drink, and won't kill your stomach.
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    apple juice has a lot cals in a glass, try that!
    but i would drink my cals too. :D
  • hifidi
    hifidi Posts: 2 Member
    I look at the week as a whole and the weekly calories more than what I am "supposed to eat" on each day. I don't eat when I'm not hungry just to "eat the calories" from exercise! That makes no sense to me. the only reason I would do that would be if I knew I was going to have no chance to eat later in the day (like if I am busy doing errands, I may eat before I get hungry that day). On days I work out, I am often less hungry than usual. Other days, I eat more than I am supposed to for the day. If the total weekly calories consumed is within the goal, I do fine. if you feel good, I think it's OK to follow your body's signals.
  • shawneez75
    shawneez75 Posts: 22 Member
    I am the same way when I get my calorie burn at night in the gym and have already finished my days worth of food...I just am not hungry...my trainer says it may be the water I drink during my workouts but no matter what it is my net calories are under. My goal is to lose weight...I do not want my body to think I am starving it...
    I try to get to the gym in the mornings so I dont have this issue BUT on the days when I can not I struggle with this too!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Why not just eat more throughout the day if you know you're going to burn more at night? Or add your exercise to the next day's goals instead of the same day.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 948 Member
    I workout at night also. Its really hard to eat all the calories after a workout.