Tropical Wedding-Moon

Options
My boyfriend & I are going to run off all by ourselves to an all-inclusive carribean resort to get married. I am in the preliminary stages of narrowing down my choices in selecting the resort we go to. I was wondering if any MFPers would like to suggest any places they have visited, share their experience, or maybe warn me of places NOT to go!! We are looking at Jamaica, but I would like to consider other islands as well. Snorkeling is my main focus, must have fantastic snorkeling, preferably right on the resort even tho we would take an additional snorkeling excursion. I would love a little help in narrowing down my search!!!

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Turks and Caicos
    Bonaire

Both equally beautiful! If you were open to some other place than the Carribean and if you had the budget [although Thailand is not expensive at all] I would highly recommend snorkeling in Thailand/Phuket. Maybe take a day trip to Phi-Phi Island. I did some snorkeling there and it was absolutely stunning!
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    We went to Cuba and it was GREAT!! The resort was Tryp Cayo Coco, the food was good, the atmosphere was amazing and the people ROCKED!! I am so jealous that you are going away to get married! That's what I wanted to do and for some strange reason my husband wanted the traditional wedding
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Saba Rock Resort in the British Virgin Islands!

This one isn't all inclusive but it's gorgeous and absolutely amazing! Plus, you're SO close to every other island activity you could even imagine! Tons of snorkeling right out our door when we were there! Plus a few ship and plane wrecks too. You definitely shouldn't sell this one short!

I'll try to post some pics from when we stayed there after our bareboat sail charter.
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I stayed at RIU Negril, Tropical Palace (I think) in Jamaica last year for my best friend's wedding. LOVED IT! RIU usually has two resorts in an area, the regular and then a higher, fancier one that has access to the other (but not vice versa). We stayed at the sister resort (fancier) one, so we had access to both which was awesome as they were a little different and the rest of the group was at the other.
    I don't think there was snorkeling right off the resort, but we went on a little cruise and snorkeled (extra). I would love to go back!
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    We went to Sandles in Jamacia and had a great time I think right now they are offering like 65% off too because they are hurting for tourists.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I :heart: U for posting this :drinker:
  • montykirk
    montykirk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I recommend any of the "Palace Resorts". They are in Mexico and the Dominican Republic. They have always treated us extremely well! They will make you feel at home... except that you will have an amazing view and fantastic food!!
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    I :heart: U for posting this :drinker:

I need all the help I can get!!!

So far, this has been quite helpful!!!
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    My husband and I went to Cozumel, Mexico... not quite Carribean but there are lots of nice all inclusive hotels on the island. We stayed at one called Park Royal. The snorkling around the island is AMAZING. So is the scuba diving if you are certified.

**EDIT**

I wanted to add also that there are several hotels on the island that have private beaches for snorkling and whatnot and the one we stayed at booked a seperate excursion for us too. I think it was like $25 per person for a 2 hour trip and they offered free beer!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    This is what I want to do! Good luck!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went to Cozumel, Mexico... not quite Carribean but there are lots of nice all inclusive hotels on the island. We stayed at one called Park Royal. The snorkling around the island is AMAZING. So is the scuba diving if you are certified.

**EDIT**

I wanted to add also that there are several hotels on the island that have private beaches for snorkling and whatnot and the one we stayed at booked a seperate excursion for us too. I think it was like $25 per person for a 2 hour trip and they offered free beer!

While I agree that Cozumel is beautiful, I did want to mention "Isla Mujeres" This little island is fantastic and beautiful!
    You can literally walk 100 feet into the water and it will only be hip high and crystal clear. Lovely place. And it's only a mile long so you can rent a golf club and explore the island! :) It's near Cancun so you can take day trips to Cancun!
  • jbdowns35
    Options

**EDIT**

I stayed at the Allego resort in Cozumel about 15 years ago & LOVED it!!!! Snorkeling was unbelievable....only problem is I went there with my ex. My boyfriend wouldn't care if we went there, but I think it's a little tacky to go & get married there to my current boyfriend, that's just me. I'm bummed, too bad I ruined it by going there with my ex!! I would love to go back there & visit 'Bob's Marley Bar' (if it's still there!)
  • jbdowns35
    Options

**EDIT**

While I agree that Cozumel is beautiful, I did want to mention "Isla Mujeres" This little island is fantastic and beautiful!
    You can literally walk 100 feet into the water and it will only be hip high and crystal clear. Lovely place. And it's only a mile long so you can rent a golf club and explore the island! :) It's near Cancun so you can take day trips to Cancun!

I will definately check this out! Thanks!
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    I recommend any of the "Palace Resorts". They are in Mexico and the Dominican Republic. They have always treated us extremely well! They will make you feel at home... except that you will have an amazing view and fantastic food!!

The Palace Resort in Riviera Maya made #1 on the top 10 list for Best Wedding All-Inclusive Resorts. I'll check out the one in DR too. I am definately putting this into my consideration list. Since it is only the two of us, we would love just a simple private beach ceremony. Alot of the resorts include a complimentary ceremony & if we can get an affordable trip that includes the ceremony, that would be ideal. Thanks for this suggestion!