Cam Newton

Options
engineman312
engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
man, this guy is just doing great. i love his motivation, and i love his attitude. he knows he's one of the lucky ones that gets to play professional sports, as a QB no less, but it doesn't seem to go to his head. he continuous to push himself, and inspire his team mates with his hard work and dedication.

here is an interview he did with ESPN magazine.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7319392

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I'll have to watch this tonight. To be honest I've always had ugly thoughts about him because I believe he took money to play at Auburn. And the whole laptop thing at Florida.
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Great interview - love both his ambition and humility. I'm really impressed by how well some of these younger NFL players are responding to fame, criticism, and crazy fans!
  • bluecollarfrench
    bluecollarfrench Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Great interview - love both his ambition and humility. I'm really impressed by how well some of these younger NFL players are responding to fame, criticism, and crazy fans!

And officially not my sister anymore. So don't like this guy. Your other brother on the other hand does. But don't let that affect your Christmas gift for me.
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options

And officially not my sister anymore. So don't like this guy. Your other brother on the other hand does. But don't let that affect your Christmas gift for me.

You also like Duke basketball, I believe. I think we know who my favorite brother is. :)
  • bluecollarfrench
    Options

You also like Duke basketball, I believe. I think we know who my favorite brother is. :)

And season tickets to the seahawks. You are right, it is me
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'll have to watch this tonight. To be honest I've always had ugly thoughts about him because I believe he took money to play at Auburn. And the whole laptop thing at Florida.

they all take money one way or another...but i agree, i was never a cam lover but he is growing on me
  • bluecollarfrench
    Options

they all take money one way or another...but i agree, i was never a cam lover but he is growing on me

I agree, sooner or later they get the money, but still don't think it is right if it isn't allowed.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

I agree, sooner or later they get the money, but still don't think it is right if it isn't allowed.
    It's not right, it's never right. Rules are there for a reason. Follow them.
    I find the amount of cheating in the NCAA a huge disapointment and it will take a long time before Cam can do anything to impress me.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    auburn_cash_cab1.gif
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Seriously? He and Auburn were both cleared of all allegations! The people making the allegations were mad that Cam didn't go play at MS State. The (erroneous) info leaked out of Florida should have resulted in criminal charges being filed against Florida.

Are people automatically assumed to be guilty once an allegation is made? Don't think so.
  • bmayes
    bmayes Posts: 55
    Options
    That was great! Thanks for sharing that link! Im a fan
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    As a Panther's fan I love him. I hated when we drafted him because of all the scandal.. but through the lockout and workouts he was quiet and humble and always deflected praise and pumped up his team mates. He is young but he is obviously the leader of that team and they look to him. He has earned my respect and admiration. I was NOT a fan on draft day but I am now, and not just his on the field accomplishments, but his off the field attitude as well.

Also, a lot of the Auburn/Miss State stuff didn't have anything to do with him.. it was his father.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    CAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. (Deion Sanders voice). Love his game and attitude.
  • midwifekelley2350
    Options

It's not right, it's never right. Rules are there for a reason. Follow them.
    I find the amount of cheating in the NCAA a huge disapointment and it will take a long time before Cam can do anything to impress me.

i am one of those that believes that the rules need to change...basically the ncaa is the minor leagues for professional football.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i am one of those that believes that the rules need to change...basically the ncaa is the minor leagues for professional football.

disagree. college is college, and therefore an amature part of the sport. either declare your eligibility early, or the NFL should develop a farm league.
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    man, this guy is just doing great. i love his motivation, and i love his attitude. he knows he's one of the lucky ones that gets to play professional sports, as a QB no less, but it doesn't seem to go to his head. he continuous to push himself, and inspire his team mates with his hard work and dedication.

here is an interview he did with ESPN magazine.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7319392

yeah, and he's a cutie!!!! :love:
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Love Cam Newton....why? Because my father-in-law was his high school coach and he is an awesome guy!
  • midwifekelley2350
    Options

disagree. college is college, and therefore an amature part of the sport. either declare your eligibility early, or the NFL should develop a farm league.

maybe you are right...a farm league is probably the right answer. for some of these athletes a college degree is not the goal