Healthy vs Unhealthy Sushi - What's Your Favorite Sushi Roll

Options

Replies

• emoritz2
    Options
    Thanks so much for the breakdown. As someone mentioned above, I'm realizing that getting those rolls with 10+ ingredients are sometimes just a muddle of flavors. Sashimi really lets me savor the taste of the fish.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Bump...interesting topic.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    It's less calories if served like this. TRUE STORY!

web.jpg
  • tiamaria8182
    tiamaria8182 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Good info. I loooove sushi!!! Didn't know eel had so much fat :(
    I had one one time called fish and chips...it was awesome!!!
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Awesome post Thanks so much
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i love sashimi the most and then like to get something with unagi.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    BUMP - LOVE sushi!!!!!!
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Great info, thanks for posting. I was trying not to click on this thread for fear my favs would be on the "chubbiest" list. Guess I could always share a chubby roll and a lean roll with someone. That way I get to have my fish and eat it too. Isn't that the way the saying goes? :laugh:
  • pirate4hire
    Options

3. Philadelphia rolls: Unheard of in Japan, this salmon-and-avocado wonder is schmeared with something a sushi purist wouldn't even consider -- cream cheese. Calories for a roll start at 300 and rise, depending on how much cheese is used. A clue: Two tablespoons of cream cheese add 10 grams of fat (6 saturated), and some recipes use four times that amount.

I love all kinds of sushi. Philadelphia rolls being one of my unhealthy treats. I know the cream cheese adds to the calories but yeah, I'm just going to have to pretend I didn't hear this or my next cheat day will be ruined.
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am sure Spider Rolls can't be super healthy, but Oh yummmmm.....
  • kimibunny
    Options
    I usually get spicy mayo with a side of veggie roll.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Uni
    Spicy Tuna
    Amaebi
    Maguro
    Unagi

I love sushi. Makes my tongue hard just thinking about it.
  • mikkijane1
    mikkijane1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am eating a delicious vegetable roll as I type this!! Add a slice of ginger on top... YUMMM!!!
  • pereztech930
    pereztech930 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried making homemade sushi using Cauliflower Rice? I haven't even tried Cauli Rice yet, but I was wondering if it could be used as a substitute.
  • michellyn
    michellyn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is power--I like having one roll--which will be higher in calories, of course and some sashimi. If I space out the roll between the sashimi, I can get a lot of enjoyment out of it, which makes its extra calories more worthwhile. And of course wash it down with several small cups of green tea (adds to your water, helping you feel more full as well as gives you those antioxidants!).
  • cariliz
    Options
    damn you!

now i have to go get sushi tonight.....................................

Me too!!!

I prefer the healthier choices anyways. So I would take the assorted sashimi any day!!!!! Nom. :happy:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried making homemade sushi using Cauliflower Rice? I haven't even tried Cauli Rice yet, but I was wondering if it could be used as a substitute.

If I try it, I'll let you know. Sounds okay. I don't see why it wouldn't. Personally, I could eat almost anything after it's been dipped in Wasabi and Soy Sauce.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Big plate of sashimi FTW :drinker:

^^^^ My personal favorite, with edaname and miso soup!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Sushi this weekend. You made me do it. I hope you're happy now!
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    OMG- - You all are making me hungry... I gots to go get some! NOM, NOM, NOM....