Am I eating enough now?

Options
Can someone go look at my dairy and check?

Replies

• Assuming you workout 2-3 times a week.. No. You need to be reaching or almost reaching your calorie goals. 900 calories short is not healthy, especially since you're already on a caloric deficit.
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    idk im wondering the same thing, my diary looks like yours :(
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    It looks like you're doing pretty good on your calories. You are just a little bit under but I see you've earned exercise calories each day. I'm of the opinion that you should eat back some of your exercise calories, but you don't have to eat them all.

It seems like you're eating a lot of the same things though- I would suggest you get a little bit more variety in your diet to make sure you're getting enough nurtrients.

Maybe try adding a nice salad to dinner or some fruit for a snack. Remember the more colorful it is the better, because the different colors of fruits and veggies have different vitamins.
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I looked at the last week and you are not meeting your goals. Also.. are you working out ? Are you eating back your exercise calories .. or close to it? I've been doing zig zagging for 2 weeks now and lost 3lbs after a 5 week plateau. Eating more really helps! But you gotta eat all of what you are planned for that day ... here is the site i went to for guidance on zig zagging and i follow it to a T .. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you're going to eat more today? Your other days don't look too bad though. As long as you get pretty close to the recommended calorie goal MFP set for you, you should be good. Remember that they automatically set a deficit for you, so you definitely need to be eating all the calories they give you.
  • conniie
    conniie Posts: 119
    Options
    I've been working out everyday. 20 mins

270 calories burned. Eating 1,200+270
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Personally I try and eat most of my daily cals allowance, and 75% - 80% of my exercise cals. I'm a bit of a slacker with measuring etc so this tends to keep me right. If you have a day where you don't get a chance to eat much/not well etc try and build a spike day into that week where you go over by the amount you were under before.

Good luck!
  • conniie
    Options
    Oh im still gonna eat! ha i just sometime add it as i go. I CAN'T get out the 140's
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    Options
    I'm assuming you're going to eat more today? Your other days don't look too bad though. As long as you get pretty close to the recommended calorie goal MFP set for you, you should be good. Remember that they automatically set a deficit for you, so you definitely need to be eating all the calories they give you.

Yes, I thought this too :-)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    Options
    Re getting out of the 140's have you tried mixing the exercise up a bit? Just changing things around a bit might give you the extra there.
  • conniie
    Options
    I looked at the last week and you are not meeting your goals. Also.. are you working out ? Are you eating back your exercise calories .. or close to it? I've been doing zig zagging for 2 weeks now and lost 3lbs after a 5 week plateau. Eating more really helps! But you gotta eat all of what you are planned for that day ... here is the site i went to for guidance on zig zagging and i follow it to a T .. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

i'm i eat least eating 1,200 :(? it said i was.
  • sarapie
    Options
    Assuming you workout 2-3 times a week.. No. You need to be reaching or almost reaching your calorie goals. 900 calories short is not healthy, especially since you're already on a caloric deficit.

You were looking at her diary for today... she's not done eating for the day so it's going to be much lower than her full day's allowance. If you look at the previous days, she is eating at least 1200+ calories.

Conniie, you're doing fine. You need to eat at least 1,200 calories a day. If you eat back some of your exercise calories, that's fine as well. It looks like you're eating enough.
  • stesodreams
    Options
    You should have something for breakfast. Even if you are stressed and in a hurry, atleast have a fruit or something.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You should be close to your calorie goal everyday +/- 50-100 cals is a safe range, provided you have the correct weekly weight loss goal set. Here is a guide for setting weekly weight loss goals:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

since you have 26 lbs to go, I would suggest that your weekly weight loss goal be no more than 1 lb/week.

I also noticed you seem to be not getting very many fruits and veggies, I would up those to ensure you are getting all the micro nutrients you need (vitamins and minerals)
  • conniie
    Options
    Assuming you workout 2-3 times a week.. No. You need to be reaching or almost reaching your calorie goals. 900 calories short is not healthy, especially since you're already on a caloric deficit.

You were looking at her diary for today... she's not done eating for the day so it's going to be much lower than her full day's allowance. If you look at the previous days, she is eating at least 1200+ calories.

Conniie, you're doing fine. You need to eat at least 1,200 calories a day. If you eat back some of your exercise calories, that's fine as well. It looks like you're eating enough.

Should I be eating my workout calories back?
  • erickirb
    Options
    You should have something for breakfast. Even if you are stressed and in a hurry, atleast have a fruit or something.

there is no need for breakfast as long as she is getting all her micro and macro nutrients for the day.
  • erickirb
    Options

Should I be eating my workout calories back?

Yes, if they are calculated correctly you should eat all of them, if you are not using a HRM I would suggest just eating 75% of them back. So if you burn 400 according to MFP, just eat back 300.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/457-unofficial-mfp-faq
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390145-should-i-eat-my-exercise-calories
  • conniie
    Options

there is no need for breakfast as long as she is getting all her micro and macro nutrients for the day.

I don't get up
    early enough to eat breakfast sometime 12+ so i count it as lunch .
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Yup. This is what I wanted to say. I see that some days you eat yogurt for breakfast, but other days you skip. Try to get something in your tummy every day to get your metabolism going.