Which charity should I choose for my sponsor?

Options
I want to do a sponsored head shave for a cancer charity, but there are so many deserving charities that I have no idea which one to choose! Could anyone please suggest one, and explain a little bit about what it does? Preferably a UK or worldwide charity.
Thank you in advance! <3

Replies

• PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    You've earned heaps of my respect. I do this every year for my dad, though I dislike having my head shaved but it kinda reminds me of what he went through doing chemotherapy.
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Cancer research = a cure for all cancers, not a specific one

Or Macmillan who do palliative care - Thats the nurses that see families/patient through bereavement. These are the two most universal cancer charities imo
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I don't know if St. Jude is international, but they are a free cancer care center for children. They treat children with cancer who's families could not otherwise pay. They do this FREE OF CHARGE. www.stjude.org

If I had millions and millions I would give it to them.
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Also, you rock for doing this!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • tallskinnyblond
    Options
    Thanks guys :) I'm hoping to sort it out as soon as I can and doing it in the new year!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I like St. Jude. They always mail me free labels (when they find my address) and I feel EXTREMELY guilty if I don't send them anything. Then I read the insert and I am so glad there is a place like St. Jude for kids with all kinds of cancer. I work at a hospital with a Ronald McDonald house (another charity), but I'd rather give to St. Jude.

I'd also rather give to programs for Down's Syndrome. I have some loved ones in the family and I think about how tough their parents lives are and their own. That money helps them get education and integration into society. I need to find a charity for that. One of my personal missions.
  • EllisLouise
    EllisLouise Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    woo! go erin :) x