30-Something Thread

Options
13»

Replies

• codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    oh....you couldn't PAY ME to be 21 again that is FO SHO!!!!!:noway:

No...but just imagine having the self-worth that you have now at 21. Life would've been a lot easier. I really only want the body that I had when I was 21... :blushing:

exactly!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    oh....you couldn't PAY ME to be 21 again that is FO SHO!!!!!:noway:

No...but just imagine having the self-worth that you have now at 21. Life would've been a lot easier. I really only want the body that I had when I was 21... :blushing:

I'm workin on it, I'm working on it. I think I was like 133-ish when I was 21. 8 more pounds to go.:wink:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Of course not. I begged the gyn to take mine out when I was 25. I told him I didn't need it but he didn't believe me. I could have saved so much money.:laugh: I seriously thought about selling my eggs to pay off my student loans!:embarassed:

You can always freeze your eggs. I here it's the rage now.
    i'm 29 for a few more months and kinda dreading 30-mainly bc i'm single and childless. is that bad?
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    i'm 29 for a few more months and kinda dreading 30-mainly bc i'm single and childless. is that bad?

Not bad at all! I didn't get engaged until my 30th birthday, and married at 31... I'm so glad I waited, I know so much more about myself now to bring to a relationship... and just now trying for kids at 36...(wanted to be married at bit first..)

I, too, don't want to be 21 again... I'm loving my 30's!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Of course not. I begged the gyn to take mine out when I was 25. I told him I didn't need it but he didn't believe me. I could have saved so much money.:laugh: I seriously thought about selling my eggs to pay off my student loans!:embarassed:

You can always freeze your eggs. I here it's the rage now.

It's funny, in our school newspaper there are always these GIANT ads about how you can make 10, 000 for each egg that you sell.
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Amy! :flowerforyou:
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    I guess what I mean with my earlier post about turning 30 single and childless is that I want those things...it seems that so many women think wanting to settle down is bad since the "new 30" year old women is so carefree, confident and ok focusing on other things than a man and rug rats:)

maybe once I get this weight thing under control I'll feel more confident about the place I'm currently in.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    37 now, 38 in Jul so I am in there for a couple more years...

Funny when I think I COULD still be having babies at my age (my kids are 12 1/2 and 17) - boy wouldn't that be STARTING OVER again. But tubal after child #2 so we're done....
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing it all, botox, restylane, juviderm...lol...can we say vain?

and with all that - picking your nose too!!:laugh:
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    37 now, 38 in Jul so I am in there for a couple more years...

Funny when I think I COULD still be having babies at my age (my kids are 12 1/2 and 17) - boy wouldn't that be STARTING OVER again. But tubal after child #2 so we're done....

I know what you mean - I'm 31 and I have a 11 1/2 yr-old-boy and a 7-yr-old girl. I know I've still got lots of baby-makin years left, but geez. I love babies and kids - and I do miss my kids being little-little :cry: , but now that ours are to the point where you can just say "eat", "go take a bath", "go to bed", "get in the car", going back to diapers and everything else baby just doesn't appeal to me. That's what neices and nephews are for! :bigsmile: : I babysti to get my fix and send em home! :laugh:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    I guess what I mean with my earlier post about turning 30 single and childless is that I want those things...it seems that so many women think wanting to settle down is bad since the "new 30" year old women is so carefree, confident and ok focusing on other things than a man and rug rats:)

maybe once I get this weight thing under control I'll feel more confident about the place I'm currently in.

Every now and then I get that tickingn clock urge to have kids.....and then I see them screaming in the store and I think......eh.....I can wait a couple more years. I can't imagine having a 10 year old right now!!
  • codykitty
    Options

Every now and then I get that tickingn clock urge to have kids.....and then I see them screaming in the store and I think......eh.....I can wait a couple more years. I can't imagine having a 10 year old right now!!

ditto
  • codykitty
    Options
    I really need a workout buddy, partner, motivator, something...someone help...
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    so I'm hoping on board if that's cool. I will be 37 in just over a week.
  • deana_lynne
    Options
    I'm also in.......32 here :)
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'll be 38 in December...can't believe I'm inching towards 40! And, forget about the botox -after having two kids, I'd rather have a boob lift or a tummy tuck!
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    *Bump* Just thought I'd bump this for any new 30-somethings that are around!! :drinker:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Oh wow!! This thread is almost 2 years old!!

HELLOOOOOO 30-SOMETHINGS!