Healthy stir fry sauce?

Options
Heather125
Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
Ok I hate cooking whew now that I have that out of my system I can continue...
I usually do a beef and broccilli stir fry with one of the pre packaged sauces I know not very creative but I was hoping someone out there has a healthier way.
If I'm going to ever learn I may as well start with the healthy way:bigsmile:

Replies

• Heather125
    Options
    Ok I hate cooking whew now that I have that out of my system I can continue...
    I usually do a beef and broccilli stir fry with one of the pre packaged sauces I know not very creative but I was hoping someone out there has a healthier way.
    If I'm going to ever learn I may as well start with the healthy way:bigsmile:
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I too would love to know one. Anyone?
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I would either go to the gym to allow for the pre-packaged sauces, or cook with low-sodium soy with butter-flavored Pam (great to spray on popcorn, by the way).
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    hmmm, I don't always use recipies, but if it were me I would saute the beef in a little olive oil and some fresh ginger, fresh garlic, red pepper flakes and a splash cooking wine, then I would add broccoli for the last couple mins(I like it al dente) and drizzle with a little raw honey at the end and season it while hot with a little salt.
  • Heather125
    Options
    thanks everyone
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I googled and got this site form weight watchers. Healthy stir-fry sauces--all in points but you could use sparks recipes if you found one you like and figureout the claoresi---but they look quite low cal

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=22831
  • Heather125
    Options
    I googled and got this site form weight watchers. Healthy stir-fry sauces--all in points but you could use sparks recipes if you found one you like and figureout the claoresi---but they look quite low cal

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=22831

hmm sounds good I'll check it out thanks
    p.s. I like your cat pic he's cute
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Ginger Lime by the Ginger People.

Just yeah. It's awesome.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Usually all that's added to stir fries is the following...

Put 1 or 2 tbsp of oil into a wok

Once it pops if you flick water at it, throw in some finely chopped green onions and garlic.

Let it sizzle for about 3 minutes, then start tossing in your veggies.

Then add about 2-3 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce, and about a half cup of water (more or less, add slowly because the amount varies based on veggie choices and size of the dish you're making).

Thicken it up with some corn starch if you really want to, but its not that necessary.

That's how my friend from China taught me. Most Chinese food is actually really simple because the people who came up with it were really poor.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I make a stir fry sauce with

4 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
    4TBSP low sodium chicken broth
    2 TBSP rice vinegar
    a few drops of tobbasco sauce
    1 to 2 TBSP corn starch

Mix it all together and add to your veggies and meat. I like my stir fry saucy, so I've doubled the amounts. We usually get about 3 or 4 servings from this...