week 1- all inches no pounds

Options
So I have been logging into MFP more regularly now, and I gave myself a mini goal to log in every day in december. Well its the end of week one so I weighed in this morning and was literally exactly the same weight down to the tenth. I have been working out alot this week so Im sore in some spots, could this be water retention in my muscles? I did however lose an inch off my waist (which is always the first thing to go when im slimming down) and 1/4th inch off of my thighs. Is this still considered good progress? I just dont want to get discouraged :(

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    inches >>> scale weight
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know, are you more interested in a number on a scale that only you will see, or looking smaller and losing fat?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Getting the body you want could take years. If you freak out about week-to-week changes, you'll never make it.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Isn't your goal, really, to get smaller and fitter?

Quit looking to the scale to show that you're getting smaller. It's a lying *kitten* that brings nothing but pain and misery.

The measuring tape is your friend and will always tell you the truth.

:flowerforyou:
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Scales are not always our friends!!! The change in how my clothes fit is more important to me than a number!!! And, congrats on the inches lost and good luck on your journey!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    WTG! Why the sad face?
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    good job on inch lost!
  • jenbibi23
    Options
    I think inches are more important! Great job!
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I could weigh a 1000lbs as long as I wore the size clothes I wanted and looked the way I wanted too.
  • shmo1969
    shmo1969 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You are doing GREAT!!! Muscle weighs more than fat...so you are heading in the right direction. Keep consistant and you will see bigger changes eventually. WELL DONE!!! :)
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I gained a few pounds over 30 days! Just keep doing it! It is water and muscle building
  • l33von
    l33von Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    give it time, keep logging! keep working out! stay in you cal limit! it works!
  • Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    I understand the frustration in seeing the scale not live up to the hard work you did. However I had the same problem when I first started. I actually had an increase in weight but had lost 4.5inches from each area. Remember muscle weighs the same as fat but takes up much less space. The tape measure is your friend. Set realistic goals not weekly but monthly. Keep Up the hard work it will pay off...
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    If you gained some muscle and lost some fat you can lose inches but the scale doesn't budge. This week a formerly tight pair of pants wouldn't stay up without a belt and I lost 0.5 lbs. Take the inches before the pounds.
  • decofitwife
    Options
    thanks everyone! chin up and heading to Zumba :)
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    inches are awesome....so much better than pounds. lets have a group Whooop and be happy
  • carterjerm
    Options
    Inches are GREAT! Means you are losing body fat and gaining lean muscle! I had the same thing happen to me. Worked out very tough for 2 weeks didn't drop a pound but lost 3% body fat!

Keep up the great work.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    For the first week, I believe so. I love when the inches come off. :smile:
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    You are getting smaller which is awesome progress! I sometimes lose nothing or a pound or whatever but in that same week I might lose 3 or 4 inches! The weight will come off at some point.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Losing inches is what's going to make you look better in your clothes and need smaller ones. :-) Sometimes you lose those inches before you see the pounds go down on the scale.