Weightwatchers old plan!!

Options
So Ive been on weightwatchers for the past couple of years and on the old discover plan I lost about a stone very quickly but since using the propoints plan ive just put on weight! :( so ive decided to go back on the old plan, get some old books from ebay and try it again. It cant hurt to try it again can it?! Is anyone else having problems with the propoints plan? and if theres a lot of people with this problem we could make our own group about the old weightwatchers plan!

Replies

• AubreysMommy30
    AubreysMommy30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was on the old plan as well, the Momentum Plan. I lost 20 lbs in the first month. At the end of that 1st month was when they transitioned to the new Points Plus Plan that included upping our daily points allowance and making all fruits and most veggies free. I gained back all that I had lost plus 10 lbs. I hate the new plan and am so happy I moved on to MFP instead.
  • pip_roberts91
    pip_roberts91 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yeah i don't understand how you can each so much and not put any on, and I don't know if the american version of propoints has the 49 extra points weekly allowance but i just dont understand how you can have them aswell! I prefer using weightwatchers as ooposed to calorie counting but im gonna try which one works best for me and stick with that!
  • cupcakecutie1985
    cupcakecutie1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I tried both weight watchers plans and also found that I wasn't having as much success w the new points plus. It may have been however cause I was losing steam overall and "cheating" a bit more here and there. I eventually had to quit because the costs just kept adding up! Seems like you had to buy something new all the time! So, I am LOVIN mfp, and I try to eat the same requirements as weight watchers, but stay within the calories that mfp gives, and I've seen some great results in the last 3 weeks since I started! I wonder why they would change a program that already worked really well?!
  • scamberlous
    Options
    I LOATHED the new points plan!!! I am the same as the PP. I lost weight on the old plan and didn't lose any at all on the new plan! I just switched to counting calories, so hopefully this will work!
  • rhaya96
    rhaya96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am on the new plan and have lost 18 pounds since I started. But I follow WW AND use MFP. They tend to coincide for me.
  • pip_roberts91
    pip_roberts91 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yeah i don't understand why they changed it, ive heard loads of complaints of people saying that they can't lose any weight! Its a waste of money if it doesn't work and I just spent more money on getting some of the old books back! So im going to try and be on the old weightwatchers plan and see if it works just as well as i remembered or whether its just me thats changed! the thing I like about weightwatchers is the fact that i know im going to be weighed in front of people so its the nagging voice in my head saying put the chocolate bar down!
  • msbobbitx
    msbobbitx Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like the really old plan "Fat and Fiber". My advice is to use whatever works. I've been on and off WW for years. I'm thinking of cancelling it and just using myfitness pal. It seems to work just as well and no calculating points. Good Luck!
  • msbobbitx
    msbobbitx Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Since starting here a week ago (combined with WW), I have lost almost 4 pounds.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I did the one before momentum and lost weight with momentum could not lose a pound now I am back on WW usig the Points Plus, as it is called in the US, and have lost a bunch of weight.
  • Butterh1yna
    Options
    Hello everyone there is help and support on the old weight watchers plan on Facebook you must join search for old weight watchers old points system, anything you want to know Margret tells us, there's an old online calc etc, the new points system didn't work for me either I put on weight there are over 800 plus of us on the group
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Why not just count calories?
  • Butterh1yna
    Options
    I don't think its all about calories saturated fats count towards weight loss
  • Ringo1812
    Ringo1812 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    WW's work because you have to fesh up and go public in the meetings. When I looked at the cost (join and weekly cost) for 1 meeting a week, its too much. Asked my neighbour if she would help out and she agreed. Now as I am just starting out this week, I will be going to her every Friday and weighing in and she will be keeping track. She is a lovely person and kind but does not hold back, so I think this is going to work wonderfully!