Midnight Munches!!

Options
I need some help.. I'm 5'7 and 150lbs. I have started to diet many times. Ive even been sucessful a few times getting down to 127lbs...But, Somehow I always end up putting it back on.
I work from home with a desk job, but I make the effort to go to the gym daily for at least 30 minutes of cardio at my lunch time.
I normally burn about 300 calories per day. I normally get about 1200 calories before bed, which sounds great right, Should be able to get the weight off no problem... BUT NO. I wake up every night around 12:00 and can not go back to sleep.
Its not that I feel hungry either. Its just that I know that the only thing that is going to put me back to sleep is a carb.
Normally I find myself in the kitchen eating a Peanutbutter Sandwhich & a glass of milk (600 Calories) And then i'm right back to sleep. Its completely self defeating because I've been so good all day just to ruin it by going over just to get back to sleep.

There has to be a trick for this! I've even tried to take a sleeping aid to help me stay asleep... But I end up waking up anyway and there I am in the kitchen again.

I just feel so sad that Ive let myself get this way. I refuse to go upa size so I just end upbeing super depressed everyday when i get dressed! I know i'm not alone in this. Any sugjestions of how to keep me in bed and outta the kitchen would be so helpful!!!

Thank you!

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You might just be thirsty. Try drinking a glass of water.

That said, it doesn't really matter when you get your calories in the 24-hour period. If you can't or don't want to stop this midnight eating habit, just factor it into your daily meal plan and make sure it fits in your calorie goals.

BUT, eat your exercise calories, at least some of them. 1200 calories isn't much to sustain normal living, let alone if you're exercising daily. That might be at least part of the problem, if you're not getting enough calories.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    save more calorie for night time
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
  • VicNeumann
    Options
    Hi~ You gotta drink tons of Water too. Normally the formula is half your body weight divided by two is how many ounces a day you should drink. It may seem like a lot but drinking a lot of water is the first step in optimal health. It keeps you full too so that you aren't as hungry.

The 2nd major tip is 4-4-12. That means 4 hours between breakfast and lunch with no snacking, 4 hours between lunch and dinner, no snacking, and 12 hours between dinner & breakfast no snacking. That will create fat burning zones (times when your body is actually burning the fat in your fat cells for energy) The latest research shows that your body can't access the fat stored in your cells while your insulin levels are raised. Insulin levels are raised when you eat a carbohydrate-it gets converted to glucose which causes a spike in insulin levels. Google Glycemic Index and learn how not all carbs are equal. You gotta learn which carbs are high (that means they cause a rapid spike in blood sugar/insulin levels..that means No fat burning) and which carbs are low/medium on the glycmic index. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it and the benefit to you is that you will turn your body into a fat burning machine! The weight starts flying off.

You're doing 90% of everything right already...you only need to make a couple of small tweaks to really get going. You'll love what happens to your body when you do! If you want some more easy tips you can e-mail me at Vic.neumann@cox.net Hope this helps : )