I need support!!!

Options
I started up with mfp back in January. That didn't go so well....I gave up and added about ten more pounds!

I'm not one of those people that easily admits they need help. So here I am asking anyone that is interested....help!! I really could use some moral support, encouragement and all around butt kickin'!

The good thing is I have the right mind set this time and I am determined to give it my all, even when that means I must admit I'm struggling and can't go it alone.

So if anyone out there can point me to a great support / challenge group...i would really appreciate it!

123541.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    I started up with mfp back in January. That didn't go so well....I gave up and added about ten more pounds!

I'm not one of those people that easily admits they need help. So here I am asking anyone that is interested....help!! I really could use some moral support, encouragement and all around butt kickin'!

The good thing is I have the right mind set this time and I am determined to give it my all, even when that means I must admit I'm struggling and can't go it alone.

So if anyone out there can point me to a great support / challenge group...i would really appreciate it!

123541.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • RunLillian
    RunLillian Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hey, no worries! It can be hard to get into the mindset of losing weight. I know it's difficult for me sometimes. My motivation is to be healthier overall and remain active. I mean I want to look good, too, but I see it as dedication to my future husband/children! I'm not even dating anyone but I want to ensure I am healthy to be there/take care of them as I grow old!

Being healthier is a great motivation! The key is to pick lifestyle decisions you can live with! Don't cut out all sugar & sweets. Just cut back! : )

I know you can do it, just take one day at a time! It's hard to not get obsessed with that number on the scale... I know I am. Just measure yourself, as depressing as that can be, but this will be a better guideline to see your progress.

After working out more I've been gaining some weight, most likely muscle : ) Seeing yourself lose inches and fitting in your clothes will definitely help you feel better and will be motivation in itself!

Don't see this weight loss as a challenge but a new, rewarding way of life! Ask yourself why you want to lose weight and THERE'S your motivation. If you can't get a full cardio workout in then take a walk around the neighborhood, or park farther away from the door at work. Little steps can make the difference.

Best of luck and keep us posted on how you're doing! :happy:
  • lovechocolate
    Options
    Hi there. Sorry you are having a hard time right now.

One thing that really helped me was planning my weekly grocery shop in advance.

I would research healthy meals that sounded delicious, then plan them for the week. Also I would buy nice healthy snacks. I find most fruit boring (e.g. apples, bananas), so I made sure I bought 'exotic' fruits such as blueberries, strawberries, mango). Also you can get diet snacks such as chocolate covered cereal bars, or skinny cow frozen desserts which are really low calorie.

I think if you feel 'deprived' and your diet is dull, you are more likely to make bad choices. So, see it as a challenge to find yummy foods and you will look forward to losing weight.

On the exercise front, I would keep the pressure off by just doing little extras, such as short walks, until you feel more 'up for it'.

Hope that helps and best of luck.