Week 4 - still no loss

Options
I've been active here since the week before Thanksgiving. I haven't done perfect but a heck of alot better than I was before. I need to find more time to exercise and I will after my last final exam and portfolio turn in on Tuesday. Not only have I not lost 1 single pound, I'm up 3 lbs from when I started. I started at 173 a month ago and I've been at 176 for the last couple of days. My 1st goal was 20lbs by the end of January. Now I know that I will never reach that goal. Not enough time. When will I start to lose? If it's not soon, I'll probably just say "screw it" and go back to my old ways.

Replies

• lhanks89
    lhanks89 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I know that when I started with this website I didn't lose any weight either. I think it was because I saw my calorie goal and freaked out about meeting it each day - I would even eat when I wasn't hungry. I also would "exercise" and write off those calories so that I could justify eating more, but honestly, the hula hooping on wii fit isn't really exercise.

But now I only eat when I'm really hungry, and even before that I'll drink some water because being thirsty can make you feel like you're hungry. I also make sure that I have meals/snacks that are already portioned out an ready to go. Steamed vegetables are some of my favorites (I mean 42 calories for 3 cups of steamed napa cabbage? Can't get much better than that!).
  • sambo155
    Options
    Thanks!

Thought I would bump this and see if anyone else has had this happen. At this point, I'm going to keep trying for another week and if no loss, I'll have to rethink some things.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I don't have your problem but just wondered are you under your calorie goal each day and logging everything you eat or drink? Its important to add exercise and to find the time - I always say there is no excuse for no exercise! We make excuses to ourselves at the time but you really have to put in the effort . Start with 15mins....and you might even do 30mins. Be honest with what you log otherwise you are only cheating yourself. Good luck in the next week but if you want to feel good about yourself keep trying.