80 pounds in a year (215 to 135)

Options
I wanted to post my success story many times here, but wanted to make sure I felt truly "successful" before I did. You can check out my profile pics for a transformation and I only have like 10-15 friends and would be happy to have more so please feel free to add me. Especially you females who 1 ) dont know where to start 2.) Feel like you dont lose weight as "easy" was everyone else" 3) Feel like you lost control over your body and are overwhelmed by the work you feel it would take to get where you dream to be. and 4) Dont know HOW to lose, what to eat, what exercise to do or where to begin in the gym, I am more than willing to share it all and help in any way I can.
First of all, in 2002 when I graduated high school I was 135 pounds (skinny fat) as they call it. I was a runner and did mass cardio but was happy. By 2004 my weight got up to about 165 and I started taking phentermine and got it back down to 145. In 2005 things got really bad. I met my current husband, moved to a college town with him in April 2005 and in December 2006 find out I am pregnant. I went to the doctor to confirm only to find my weight had got up to 188! I had an awful pregnancy, married my husband in February 2007, had out daughter a month early in July 2007. When I went in to have her I weighed 235 pounds. Needless to say from July 2007 to December 2010 I never got below 190. My normal weight sat at around 205 but climed back to 215 by the end of last year. In December 2010 I decided to diet (like I always do ) and join a gym (the local YMCA) I pledged to myself that no matter how bad it hurt it couldnt hurt worse than people looking at me, asking me if I am pregnant, talking about my weight behind my back , etc. When I joined, I couldnt run more than 4 minutes, I will make a really long story short from here on and spare the details but in a year I have become a distance runner again
19:28 5k , 1:38:30 half marathon, 5:50 mile. I love myself again. I took it one day at a time one more minute of running each day, one TENTH of a MPH faster each time just upping my work outs a LITTLE but each time. There is diet plans involved, there are weeks where I worked out DAILY, there are supplements involved (not prescription) :) and I will be happy to go into details and talk to whoever can use the help.
LOVE YOURSELF, TAKE TIME FOR YOU, DEVOTE YOURSELF TO A CHANGE FOR LIFE THAT IS REASONABLE! you can NOT live on 600-800 calories a day FOREVER but you can work on your body through exercise and a reasonable diet! Thanks guys!

Replies

• GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow, what amazing journey you have had! Your photos are inspiring...your confidence is obvious now...you are beaming! I know of a couple friends who would be so encouraged to know about your success!
  • kristinabb
    Options
    Thank you for replying. I am just thrilled to talk to anyone about fitness and I want to let as many people as I can know that I was one who thought I would be forever overweight and depressed and hopeless. It is as easy as changing your mind. Changing your body is easier than changing your mental outlook on what lies ahead!
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    thanks for that confidence boost!! your hard work has paid off and will encourage others.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful :smile: Thanks so much for sharing your story -- very inspirational :flowerforyou: I'm very happy for you and very proud of you :flowerforyou:
  • suzysassafrass
    suzysassafrass Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Totally Inspiring! Thanks for sharing! :) Congrats!
  • kristinabb
    Options
    Thanks guys. I would have made it longer but I figured if anyone wants more info they can befriend me lol. I have a short friends list as I said haha
  • kristinabb
    Options
    i somehow posted that two times and It wouldnt let me remove this one only edit it....
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. When I started this year in March my goal was to hit 80 lbs by my next birthday which is this upcoming march. I am currently at 78 lbs lost. I now want the 80 by the end of the year and 100 by March. I am also proof that it can be done. Thanks for reinspiring me. Feel free to add me.
  • TerriKim
    Options
    So proud of you. I lost 80 pounds way back when... and ended up, after 3 kids, gaining a lot of it back. I'm back on the way down. Not as far to go as before but your story gives me encouragement because our pre-weights and after-weights were the same. I'll see ya at 135 soon! :)
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You are stunning! What a transformation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!