Argh! Could use a little encouragement today.

Options
JDHINAZ
JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
Ok, 2 weeks in, doing great. Going to the gym, very careful what I eat....definately not going over or coming close to total calories allowed. As of Friday, I'm down 10 pounds....did a 7 mile walk yesterday at 3.5mph, get on the scale this morning.....AND I'M UP 1.4 POUNDS FROM FRIDAY!!! WTH???? I know it's just my body catching up...I've lost almost 10 pounds in 2 weeks, so it's bound to come to a grinding halt. But, damn!

So I'm shamelessly looking for a pat on the back, a chin up buckaroo, or whatever you have to offer. I'm a little miffed! Thank you for your support.

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    Options
    Ok, 2 weeks in, doing great. Going to the gym, very careful what I eat....definately not going over or coming close to total calories allowed. As of Friday, I'm down 10 pounds....did a 7 mile walk yesterday at 3.5mph, get on the scale this morning.....AND I'M UP 1.4 POUNDS FROM FRIDAY!!! WTH???? I know it's just my body catching up...I've lost almost 10 pounds in 2 weeks, so it's bound to come to a grinding halt. But, damn!

So I'm shamelessly looking for a pat on the back, a chin up buckaroo, or whatever you have to offer. I'm a little miffed! Thank you for your support.
  • Binkylove
    Binkylove Posts: 161
    Options
    These things happen from time to time. Your still doing great. Stick to what you have been doing and you wont go far wrong!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!

Pamela XXX:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mish3131
    mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My best suggestion is only weigh in once a week. I have checked my weight through out the week and made myself crazy. Once I started to do it once a week my insanity has calmed down a bit. I picked saturday since the weekends are hardest for me. Not that I go crazy or over my caloric intake, but sometimes I will indulge in some chocolate.

I hope this helps.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're doing a great job! To be honest with you, the reason why you've prob gained a few pounds is because you've been exercising a lot. It's most likely muscle weight! Which is good. It's better than fat lol
    Try not to weigh yourself everyday. It can be so addicting! Your weight will fluctuate daily (because of water and other things) and it's bound to be a disappointment. I don't know if you do this already, but try to only check your weight once a week or every other week. Keep up the good work and push right on through! You'll get to your goal weight and feel absolutely amazing :smile:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome, remember the day to day slight changes all have to do with water weight. It is the long term results on the scale that really matter. You could have eaten a little more salt or not drunk enough water anything can cause that sort of change. Just don't give up. After the first couple weeks you should start to see about 1-2 lbs a week of loss. Don't worry because that is the healthy way! I am amazed at your progress, just keep up the good work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in 2 weeks is great! GOOD JOB! I also weigh myself only once a week, sometimes I'm itching to get on the scale but I resist and haven't driven myself crazy yet. Don't let numbers rule your life anyways! What matters is how you feel and look to yourself. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :flowerforyou:
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing everything that you need too! I too can become addicted to the scale in hopes that my working out will push my weight down faster and I'm always disappointed when I get on the scale to see that I've gained weight. I try to weigh myself once every few weeks since your body weight can change so drastically. Like I've seen a 10 pounds weight gain disappear 2 days later.

Keep up the good work and you'll see long-term results. Take it from me, it can be hard at times but once you get it down you will be fine! Good luck!
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get to where you are!! Your doing great! I want to suggest measurements. If your building muscle, you won't see changes on the scale like you want...but you will see changes in inches! Good luck!! Keep it going!:flowerforyou:
  • MrRon
    MrRon Posts: 7
    Options
    Great Job:flowerforyou:

You will have weeks that you stand still. During my 16 months of dieting I have had non weight lost weeks that have added put to over a month.

I have been told its my "body getting use to it new life style".

Keep up the good work, and you will be rewarded by meeting your goal.
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 66
    Options
    wow, 10 pounds in 2 weeks?! i wish i could get that result! i only lost 1 pound per week now, its driving me insane! that wee little weight gain could also be your pre-menstrul water retention weight, or better, muscle mass! cheer up and keep going, you're on the right track!
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My body did the same thing...I lost about 5 pounds the first week, and then I've sat at the same weight for about a week. I'm hopeful that it is just my first mini-plateau!

10 pounds in two weeks is awesome...I bet your clothes already fit differently. You should be very proud of yourself.
  • JDHINAZ
    Options
    Hey, thanks guys. Between you good folks and my husbands little pep talk, I feel better already. I KNOW that between the exercising and eating within my limits it will come off, but boy is it a shocker when you've done the right things and it seems you've stepped backwards!

Ok, then. All's well. Thanks again! Have a good day everyone!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    That happens to me... I go along happily losing weight and then one day BOOM...out of the blue I am up two pounds fro no reason....not too much salt, not TOM, not over calories...just a miserable scale. The good thing is that it does go down again, not as quickly as you like but it does. Keep your chin up buckaroo.
  • zoey1912
    zoey1912 Posts: 18
    Options
    That happens to me a lot as well..like other said just weigh yourself once a week. You're just fluxing..I know some people who flux 10lbs! So you're lucky it's not that much.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]90487.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • jcarter0525
    jcarter0525 Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm a little upset right now too because at 1 certain time of the month I gain about 2 lbs for no reason. I haven't gone off my diet at all but for some reason, I've put on 2 lbs. This happened last month too. For me, I'm pretty sure it's water weight due to menstruation but I don't get a period so it may be my body just reacting in a way that it would if I were to have one. If you just started changing your diet and exercising, it could be your body reacting to that and storing away more fat because you're taking in less calories. Your body will adjust in the next coming weeks Keep up what you're doing and you will see changes!
  • Krowe
    Krowe Posts: 14
    Options
    Dont worry about the 2lbs!! your body is going to fluctuate all the time. the best thing to do when exercising is measure youself. Ive been exercising since January and ive actually gone haveier on the scales but ive lost 2 1/2 inches from each leg! plus my boobs have gone firm again! so I know thats gona adda 1lb or 2 lol. You have done really well and I hope i have the same success as you. only just started so got a long way to go. wish me luck! lol xx :wink: :smile:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Well hello there!

:laugh: :laugh:

Max it's so nice of you to offer your encouragement so freely to those in need :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    JD........you can do this. Don't let a setback throw you off the whole thing. We all have them now and then....just get back to it. :drinker: