NSV - Walking to Basketball Game!

Options
I started this project because the physical therapist basically said - the only thing that is going to stop your back pain is exercise and weight loss. I started walking every day, doing exercises, wearing a pedometer and logging all my meals about three weeks ago.

Last week, I made it all the way walking from the parking lot to the seat in the stadium (about half a mile) without having to stop and sit to let my back stop spasming. That may not sound like a huge walk but I started out unable to walk 1/4 mile without pain. I usually have to stop and sit twice on the way to the game. I was so so excited. My husband looked at me when we were almost there with an inquiring look and I just said, "Don't jinx it!"

Next goal is to be able to walk three-quarters of a mile from the hotel to the stadium when we go to the Pac-12 championships in March. I think I may make it!

PS. Go Arizona Wildcats!

Replies

• miss_christine
    miss_christine Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    congratulations!

that is a great accomplishment, don't think it's not.

the one thing that is finally starting to sink into my head is that this whole process is made up of baby steps.

be the tortoise.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic and definitely an NSV!!!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Great NSV. Sounds like your husband is going to be super supportive and there for you too... you got everything you need lady... Looking forward to your halfway there and goal posts in the new year!!
  • ladyprofaz
    Options
    Thanks all! And, yes, my husband is a rock in this. He is super supportive. I am very lucky to him and some really great folks at work and here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!