8 Cups of Water?

Options
Hi everyone! I was just wondering about the suggested 8 cups per day idea. I know that it's recommended by doctors and everyone for a healthy life style (as I've been told since I was a child haha) but I was wondering if it makes a difference in weight loss at all?
Has anyone drank the 8 cups of water/ not drank them and seen a difference? Or is it just to maintain a healthy equilibrium in your body from exercising and whatnot?

Replies

• morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have seen a difference. For me, it has to do with water retention. If I don't drink enough water, my weight rockets up due to water retention (from sodium and working out). I think it is very important to hydrate. :) That being said, I don't go by glasses of water. I go by urine color. Some days I need to drink more than others.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    water is good for flushing out toxins, salt etc which causes water retention.tastes good. Makes you feel less hungry. All good reasons to drink plenty of it. Oh, and it has zero calories.
  • MrsFusion
    MrsFusion Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above post. I can really tell the difference when I don't get enough water! Drink up!
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    I think it's different for everyone. I do not drink 8 glasses of water a day and feel just fine. My body is hydrated, it doesn't hold-on to water and my urine is usually the color of pale yellow... I drink when I'm thristy really. And I've always been like that. I drink anywhere from 3 to 6 glasses alond with 1 to 2 cups of tea and 1 cup of coffee. I also get it from the food I consume. I spoke with my doctor and he's just fine with it. Someone told me once that when you drink when you're thirsty, it's too late. You're already dehydrated... He confirmed to me that was false information...
  • Cobb_66
    Cobb_66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! That definitely helps! Guess I'll start making sure I drink enough! (: