Try this.. "Muscle Soup"

Options
taso42
taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
Half a banana, mashed up with a fork
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/2 cup oats

Prepare the above, then add 1 scoop chocolate whey protein.

It's an acquired taste, maybe. But it's really grown on me.

547 cals
45g protein
60g carb
18g fat

(cals/macros will vary depending on what sort of protein you use and how big your banana is)

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... that looks really interesting. Do you blend it, or just mix it? What's the consistency like?
  • taso42
    Options
    I use instant oats (I know this is sacrilege to some). Just pour boiling water over everything and mix up. Consistency is basically like oatmeal. Adding the protein last seems to keep it from doing the clump-up thing that it does when it gets hot.

I don't know why I called it "Muscle Soup". I feel like it needed some sort of name, and this was the best I could do for now. Open to suggestions :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Muscle mush?
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    So, if I eat this do I have to eat my exercise calories? Or does this cancel everything out?
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    sounds like one of my Ambien inspired culinary creations
  • taso42
    Options
    So, if I eat this do I have to eat my exercise calories? Or does this cancel everything out?

It doesn't matter. Upon eating you will enter a trance like state, pick up a barbell, and knock out a new personal record, then come home and eat dinner. At the end of the day you will have hit your net calorie target exactly. The gym will have to replace the barbell you used because you've worn it out. It's uncanny how well this works.
  • lor007
    Options

It doesn't matter. Upon eating you will enter a trance like state, pick up a barbell, and knock out a new personal record, then come home and eat dinner. At the end of the day you will have hit your net calorie target exactly. The gym will have to replace the barbell you used because you've worn it out. It's uncanny how well this works.

This is very good information to have.

You have a home gym, right? Don't you get tired of replacing barbells?
  • taso42
    Options

Mine is custom made from Adamantium. I only have to replace once a year or so. But most commercial gyms still use Steel.
  • lor007
    Options

Mine is custom made from Adamantium. I only have to replace once a year or so. But most commercial gyms still use Steel.

Ohhh, how did you manage that? You and Marvel must be tight.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    (cals/macros will vary depending on what sort of protein you use and how big your banana is)
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    This is my kind of chow.