Slim Fast

Options
I have been using Slim Fast lately...but I don't seem to stay full. I do ok as long as I am only drinking Slim Fast shakes adn drinking my water...the first thing I put in my mouth to eat, it's over...I want ot just continue to snack. I try to keep healty snacks, but to many healthy snacks is still not good.

Any advise?!?!!??!?!?!?!?

200963.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• nurse7641
    nurse7641 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have been using Slim Fast lately...but I don't seem to stay full. I do ok as long as I am only drinking Slim Fast shakes adn drinking my water...the first thing I put in my mouth to eat, it's over...I want ot just continue to snack. I try to keep healty snacks, but to many healthy snacks is still not good.

Any advise?!?!!??!?!?!?!?

200963.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    This isn't really advice - just experience. I'm not a big fan of slim fast, it just never seemed to work for me!
  • MarineWife1371
    Options
    my SIL, before she was killed, was a nurse and she always advised me against using slimfast... I cannot remember what was in it that she said was bad, but she always told me not to do it.... and she was big into diet and weightloss... shed lost over 100 pounds so she could join the army.
  • MJA1970
    MJA1970 Posts: 32
    Options
    I tried it but it never filled me up. I will however drink it on occasion (as in when I'm in a hurry in the AM to get out the door).
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I'm a chewer myself.
    I need to eat. I need to move my jaw. I need to crunch and tear and chew.
    I could never do a liquid lunch or diet, be it Slimfast or soup or pudding or whatever.
    Maybe if you supplement with celery or something equally as non-calorie-ific?
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I drink it almost every morning for breakfast. They keep me full until about 12:30pm for lunch so they work out perfectly for me. I :heart: the creamy milk chocolate. It's delish! Are you using the optima version??
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    if it's not filling you up why bother with it at all? Why not just skip it and have an apple and a slice of toast instead. I don't really see the point in it.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I found the same thing! I was really mad that it claims 4 hr hunger control and within two hours I'm starving. I think its likely better for snacks and stuff. Meals maybe not so much?
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I tried them for breakfast and lunch too but they didn't do it for me either. I now have porridge with a banana for breakfast, I usually cant eat anything then till 1pm/2pm. lunch I have two slices of burgen bread filled with anything I fancy. Both usually add to about 225 cal per meal.