Skyrim

Options
124»

Replies

• SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    When do you actually stop getting perks? I heard it was lvl 50 and if that's the case I will have some really tough decisions to make. I'm playing a dark elf assassin (as I always do in elder scrolls games, ha). I am lvl 34 and was mainly dumping point into stealth, bows, alchemy ( for poisons), lockpicking, and a little in one handed and light armor. Now I'm thinking I want some of those pickpocket perks (like that +100 to inventory capacity), but after seeing my brow take down a dragon in like 2 seconds with his dual-wield super-smithed swords I kind of want to fill out the blacksmith tree a bit which will take at least 5 points.

I guess I really don't need the smithing since I can do a x30 backstab (x15 damage from dagger sneak attack perk + 2x backstab damage gloves from dark brotherhood ) but being able to make dragon armor is kind of tempting. Anybody else having trouble deciding what to dump their points into?

You stop getting perks at some point?!?!?! Seriously???? I need to think this through a little more, I guess!! Someone please clarify this?? l had no idea!
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    False alarm. I just did a little research. You get perks up to level 80, which is the Max level. Ha, sorry for freaking anybody out.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    False alarm. I just did a little research. You get perks up to level 80, which is the Max level. Ha, sorry for freaking anybody out.

LOL!

Thanks for looking into that! You had me seriously worried... LMBO.

It cracks me up that I got so worried over a game... I think my husband might be right, there are support groups for people like me!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I gotta be honest and say I am too scared to play this game. I am obsessed enough with world of warcraft. It DOES look pretty amazing though...
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Skyrim is so ruling my life right now. It's really sad but it's SO MUCH FUN!!!! I was obscessed with Oblivion too but this one is so much more amazing. Love it! PC only for us.

My character is:

Zuzka
    Female Nord Level 19
    Light Armor, Sword (right hand) with destruction magic in the other
    Married to Vilkas (Companion), homeowner in Whiterun and Windhelm
    Can't remember how many dragons I've killed
  • IvySummers
    Options
    I just bought this game for the 360. I thought it was similar to WoW, but it's not. Pretty decent game. Not used to it just yet. I like to pick everything up, even steal and get my *kitten* handed to me, but then I'm spending the next 20 mins walking very slowly, trying to find a merchant to sell the crap to. Is there a better way to get gold or whatever? I find it a bit confusing. Maybe I just need to give it some time. Plus it doesn't help when my hubby is sitting right next to me impatiently waiting so he can play MW3!. grrr. Girls gotta game too!

Ivy
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I just bought this game for the 360. I thought it was similar to WoW, but it's not. Pretty decent game. Not used to it just yet. I like to pick everything up, even steal and get my *kitten* handed to me, but then I'm spending the next 20 mins walking very slowly, trying to find a merchant to sell the crap to. Is there a better way to get gold or whatever? I find it a bit confusing. Maybe I just need to give it some time.

Yeah, it's definitely NOT WoW. But still a great game.

I was stealing/pilfering/looting a lot at the beginning, but I got tired of being encumbered, too. So I just started dropping the less expensive stuff to get back under my weight limit (mentally doing a quick calculation of price-to-weight ratio and dropping the lowest ones, LOL). I found that I started earning great cash finishing side quests and I'm not really hurting for septims anymore, so I don't bother as much with the heavy vendor trash. :)
    Plus it doesn't help when my hubby is sitting right next to me impatiently waiting so he can play MW3!. grrr. Girls gotta game too!

Tell him to go make you a sammich. :bigsmile:
  • IvySummers
    Options
    I just bought this game for the 360. I thought it was similar to WoW, but it's not. Pretty decent game. Not used to it just yet. I like to pick everything up, even steal and get my *kitten* handed to me, but then I'm spending the next 20 mins walking very slowly, trying to find a merchant to sell the crap to. Is there a better way to get gold or whatever? I find it a bit confusing. Maybe I just need to give it some time.

Yeah, it's definitely NOT WoW. But still a great game.

I was stealing/pilfering/looting a lot at the beginning, but I got tired of being encumbered, too. So I just started dropping the less expensive stuff to get back under my weight limit (mentally doing a quick calculation of price-to-weight ratio and dropping the lowest ones, LOL). I found that I started earning great cash finishing side quests and I'm not really hurting for septims anymore, so I don't bother as much with the heavy vendor trash. :)
    Plus it doesn't help when my hubby is sitting right next to me impatiently waiting so he can play MW3!. grrr. Girls gotta game too!

Tell him to go make you a sammich. :bigsmile:

LOL. Hell yah!. Make me a damn sandwich, boy!. :P
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Been playing since release date and Nord Level 28, just started making glass armor!
  • Rhayne05
    Options
    Skyrim has made me gain a few pounds back..... ARGH! :P
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I havent interacted with my husband for a month thanks to skyrim.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Another fan/geek here

I chose to be a Khajiit, I'm on level 35 at the moment and trying to mop up all my side quests before I go meet Delphine at Riverwood to carry on with the main plot

So addictive!