A Challenge? 100 Push Ups & 200 Crunches!

Options
I have been thinking of things to keep me motivated throughout the holiday season and have decided on a combo-challenge. Anyone want to do these with me? I have a couple people from work and a few offline friends that are going to.

They are programs that will work you up to doing two hundred consecutive crunches and one hundred consecutive push ups – that’s work up to it, gently. You only do them three times per week (only about ten minutes a day), so my plan is to alternate days and then have a day of rest from both. The sites (below) even have trackers you can sign up for and log your exercise in.

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

http://hundredpushups.com/

I’ve come up with a plan, which I’ll be doing whether anyone actually joins me or not. If you’re interested:

Sometime between now and Sunday, read all about it on the sites and do your “tests”; we’ll start all official like first day on Monday. This is the schedule I will be following:

Monday: Push ups
Tuesday: Crunches
Wednesday: Push ups
Thursday: Crunches
Friday: Push ups
Saturday: Crunches
Sunday: Rest

Perhaps for some of you this won't be much of a challenge - myself, I do alright with crunches, but push ups? Forget it.

We’ll keep those holiday pounds off, and by mid-January we’ll be strong like ox!

Replies

• John_185
    John_185 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i AM IN. GREAT IDEA
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Count me in! & you have permission to harass me about it! =]
  • rhaya96
    rhaya96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That's cool. I actually have the 100 pushups and 200 sqauts challenges on my phone. I did the initial squat test but not the pushups (nervous for some reason). Feel free to add me and we can keep up with each other....
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I think I am in. Holiday time might be a slack because it's hard for me to get in a workout around my family, but I'm definitely going to do the initials tests today and wait til Monday :)
  • travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Count me in! This will definitely help me increase my exercise!
  • heatherldietrich
    Options
    I think I am in. Holiday time might be a slack because it's hard for me to get in a workout around my family, but I'm definitely going to do the initials tests today and wait til Monday :)

It's only ten minutes a day! You can squeeze that in anywhere :)
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try. Its just that this holiday I am planning my moms wedding, and helping it run smoothly. But when I do go home for holidays it isn't too long ^-^
  • Silentspring
    Options
    I'm keen. Just about to finish C25K and need a new challenge to compliment my jogging.
  • John_185
    John_185 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So we start on Monday? Is the object to post our results, which I think is a good idea (adds to the account ability factor).
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    Count me in! I actually have both those apps as well as the 200 squats app. I've done the initial tests, but that's it.
  • heatherldietrich
    Options
    It's Day 1, for anyone who has decided to join me! You should have done your assessment tests by now and have begun (or plan to begin) today. I started with what I hate most, push ups. I can tell you this: I still hate them!
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    I began today! I chose to start with the pushups first as well. I did 42 on the initial test. It asked me if I wanted to skip to week three. I said no, so today, not including my initial test, I did 45. My arms and back are exhausted!
  • heatherldietrich
    Options
    Week 2! Anyone feeling stronger??
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I didn't see this thread till now, but I'm starting week 3 tonight. I do both the situps and pushups on M,W,F and DEFINITELY feel stronger. My pushups still leave a lot to be desired. I'm working on level 3 on an incline, because I still can't manage to do a regular pushup. I don't think that by the end that I'll be able to do 100 of those, but do think I'll get to the point where I can at least do 10/15 maybe? Situps...LOVE. Or love afterwards even though it hurts while doing. I've taken to doing those on the stability ball. Seems to target the core better for me!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can even do one push up. :embarassed:
  • heatherldietrich
    Options
    I didn't see this thread till now, but I'm starting week 3 tonight. I do both the situps and pushups on M,W,F and DEFINITELY feel stronger. My pushups still leave a lot to be desired. I'm working on level 3 on an incline, because I still can't manage to do a regular pushup. I don't think that by the end that I'll be able to do 100 of those, but do think I'll get to the point where I can at least do 10/15 maybe? Situps...LOVE. Or love afterwards even though it hurts while doing. I've taken to doing those on the stability ball. Seems to target the core better for me!

Excellent! I love the sit ups too, but push ups be damned! I'm doing them on the floor, but from my knees. I think once I'm done I'll start all over from my toes.
  • christinehetz80
    Options

Excellent! I love the sit ups too, but push ups be damned! I'm doing them on the floor, but from my knees. I think once I'm done I'll start all over from my toes.

My incline is on my wedding hope chest so about 2 feet off the ground. I did the knees (I'm doing a c25k training and trying to NOT hurt those knees) but I tried the knees on my day 3 of week 2 and found those easier...so not sure if I will continue those or go back to the incline.
  • christinehetz80
    Options
    I don't know if I can even do one push up. :embarassed:

I couldn't do even 1 pushup. Don't let that stop you!!!!!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    OK, I DID ONE!!! It wasnt pretty but I did it!
  • heatherldietrich
    Options
    OK, I DID ONE!!! It wasnt pretty but I did it!

Everything starts with one something!